TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 MTO Dual Drive update

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by Outerspace, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Outerspace

Outerspace Closed

I ordered my model 3 dual drive. But even though it is theoretically eligible to get $14,000 incentive, it is not listed yet on the MTO site. I called MTO, they said they have to receive the relevant information from Tesla about this car so that they review and list the car. If the car is not listed they will not honour the incentive.
    Eligible Electric Vehicles

I tried contacting Tesla few times in past month but not getting any traction. Anyone has any update?

2. Outerspace

Outerspace Closed

This is for Ontario, Canada.

3. psykobunny83

psykobunny83 Member

Only the RWD qualifies for the rebate, Telsa would need to apply for the AWD which they haven't done and most likely won't do considering the rebate is going away any time now.

4. Outerspace

Outerspace Closed

Rebate is not going away. I saw a DM response from Rob Ford that he will honor all the orders even if he changes the incentive program later. It is more of a hoax what people are thinking. He is not going to take Ontario out of the green programs completely, it will be a disastrous decision for many reasons.

5. Outerspace

Outerspace Closed

Don't understand why Tesla has to rely on speculation while all they need to do is follow their current process and submit vehicle information to the ministry.

6. Navsarin

Navsarin S100D Red Rocket

Is this proven?? Please share where/when he said this?

7. Outerspace

Outerspace Closed

I remember someone posted a screenshot of Doug Ford's reply in Twitter DM, read a month ago before election. I will post once I can locate this myself. Should have saved.

8. Navsarin

Navsarin S100D Red Rocket

Well with the cap trade program dead...as would be the EV rebate. Only a matter of time :(