Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mud Flaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since we are in Canada and have lots of hazards on the road that can eat away at those bottom rockers. What are people buying for mudflaps and from where?

Eric’s are really nice. I have the California edition and will be installing them this weekend. I’ll post pics during and after.

Garde-Boues Tesla Model 3 (California Edition) - Antirouille Bolduc

He includes lots of extra push pins as well. I’m installing the California edition as I park it for 3 months or so in the winter. There are 2 other more aggressive models he sells for winter and severe service.

Would require quite a bit of testing and data logging to see an accurate change. You got before numbers?

I saw 135 Wh/km on my 31km way to work last week before putting the mudflaps on. Its a 50-50 mix of highway and city roads. Since i have put the mudflaps on, i got 138 and 137 wh/km. Tried to drive similarly during these 3 days so its very close based on this limited testing.

• Informative
Reactions: iMoe
I saw 135 Wh/km on my 31km way to work last week before putting the mudflaps on. Its a 50-50 mix of highway and city roads. Since i have put the mudflaps on, i got 138 and 137 wh/km. Tried to drive similarly during these 3 days so its very close based on this limited testing.
Interesting...I would have expected a few % range hit, but looks like the change is almost in the noise....

Incidentally, the links above seem to be dead so I can only the the 'US' version, which is steep at $180 US for a set and 3-4 weeks delivery. Plus I dont really dig the carbon fiber look. Any other options out there? I'm thinking this is a nice addition especially given virtually no range loss....turning the AC on will have a bigger impact than this.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Its not carbon fiber look.. actually the black color blends very nicely with the blue to extent that is practically not seen from a distance away unless you were looking for the mudflaps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 90

You'll need to think about having some PPF between any of the mudflap surfaces that rest overtop of the painted Model 3 surfaces. Installing these over top will gather dirt as two screws do not make a perfect seal.
Antirouille Bolduc provides you with 4 strips of PPF. I am not sure if the Amazon sellers do.

I bought the second set you linked. Installed them tonight and I think they are good. When installing I actually noticed I already have a few stone chips around my wheel wells.

I debated getting these or the first link. The ones in the first link seem a bit short, though I think they overall look better. Still happy with my decision so far, though want to see how these hold up over time.

Pics attached, not the greatest because I snapped them quickly.

IMG_20190714_201708.jpg
IMG_20190714_201726.jpg
IMG_20190714_201713.jpg
IMG_20190714_201755.jpg
IMG_20190714_201814.jpg
IMG_20190714_201806.jpg

I bought the second set you linked. Installed them tonight and I think they are good. When installing I actually noticed I already have a few stone chips around my wheel wells.

I debated getting these or the first link. The ones in the first link seem a bit short, though I think they overall look better. Still happy with my decision so far, though want to see how these hold up over time.

Pics attached, not the greatest because I snapped them quickly.

View attachment 429696 View attachment 429697 View attachment 429699 View attachment 429700 View attachment 429701 View attachment 429702

Tsolutions - I have a group buy underway right now for this, but direct to the company and not through Amazon. 15% off. See "Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

They look good, BTW!