Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mud Flaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about Seattle but we use a ton of salt in Toronto and that's why I'm leery of the 3M tape, plus the fact that snow clings to mudflaps. If Antirouille Boluduc would drop his price to $50 I'd be willing to order his.
Decisions, decisions.
I may go with the Tsolutions but I like the LFOTTP as it looks sturdier but not sure if it requires drilling

No salt in Seattle area, except downtown in extreme conditions - otherwise, it's deicing solution that is applied to the roads!

I just installed the ‘California’ version from Eric of Antirouille Bolduc. I waited until I did a tire rotation. Eric’s video of the install is quite helpful. His new webpage is here:

EV Mudflaps par Antirouille Bolduc

The package is very well thought out and designed. Nothing additional is needed other than a few basic tools. Using 2 floor jacks and pucks I did one side at a time. With both wheels off the install was quite easy:

A9910DED-B21C-41AB-9A17-0E74CBC43D6A.jpeg

I used the included strips of PPF after cleaning the surface with alcohol. After running the strip of PPF I used an Xacto knife to trim the excess. This is not necessary, just my preference:

C5707DC4-1332-4227-AD74-9AF15F42C4E4.jpeg

738E87D2-336B-4236-84F0-21E6CFD387DA.jpeg

With that complete the install went quickly. One additional hole to drill on the fronts for a 3’rd push-pin and on the rear for a second screw. The push-pins inserted easily and I used a hammer to ‘assist’ in closing them:

BAC7E4F8-C25C-4586-88A9-CAF02B994B32.jpeg

Here are the smaller original push-pins shown beside the new ones:

0B944482-4C33-4C96-9979-B9A5A67828C7.jpeg

Install complete:

ADA9D890-6BC8-4F60-8430-B94EEDA71CE3.jpeg

3D4AF4EB-69C6-41B7-8310-40B2915BBF7F.jpeg

640B51F5-6AE3-4C96-BE55-7E318F11D4B7.jpeg

6311D315-DEC3-471F-A106-E7EB6C98C80D.jpeg

441D55EE-E0E0-412E-816B-4ECEA8DB6939.jpeg

I installed the California’s as I wanted a solution that had a minimal visual impact but provided a level of protection acceptable to me. These fit the bill perfectly. They are barely noticeable unless your looking for them. I park the car for 3 months during winter so the protection level is fine for me.
My concern about aftermarket ‘moulded’ spray guards discussed above versus the flat style is on the front is they tend to trap water,sand,salt etc. between them and the fender/rocker where they wrap around the sides. I had this happen on an Explorer and really regretted installing them.
Bottom line is I’m really happy with the the product. Eric at Antirouille Bolduc is a pleasure to deal with and I highly recommend his products.

Reactions: Choncho and Muskol
My concern about aftermarket ‘moulded’ spray guards discussed above versus the flat style is on the front is they tend to trap water,sand,salt etc. between them and the fender/rocker where they wrap around the sides. I had this happen on an Explorer and really regretted installing them....

I concur with this assessment - Flat vs. molded. I look forward to installing my flat set on Thursday and reporting the results! Great pictures - they look good!

Reactions: 03DSG
does anyone order those mud flaps from taptes Mud Flaps for Tesla Model 3 haven't found reviews on those

Those look to be the same Chinese made and shipped set that others are selling, including on ebay. The lead time is more than a month. This is probably why you (nor I) have found any reviews on these rubbery wrap-around flaps. Last post I saw reported a delivery date of late August (8/22, I think)...

EDIT: And re drilling, I these are the same Chinese set, I reached out to the manufacturer directly (not the reseller) and asked that question. This was the answer I received....

"Dear Customer:

Welcome to our shop, this product comes with screws.
The installation steps are as follows:
1. First unscrew the screw in the installation position;
2. Align the fenders with the screw holes and fix them with screws (some original cars have no screw holes, need to be punched and installed);

Best regards."

If you haven't already, you might want to scan this Mud Flap thread (beware, it's over 10 pages already)...

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

Last edited:
Update on the mudflaps I installed (from tsolutions). Be careful going over speed bumps in parking lots. In general, you dont have to worry, but this weekend I was at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls, ON and the bumps in there were what I would call 'aggressive'. They were narrow, and fairly high. I went over one at normal speed of around 10 km/h and the front left mud flap came down on the top of the bump after my wheel went over it and it popped the plastic rivets right off....so its making me a bit nervous about how well these will stay on in a winter snowstorm when changing lanes and there is a lot of snow on the ground.

Didn't get a picture of them, but basically they looked kind of like this: Narrower and taller than the typical speed bumps I'm used to:

upload_2019-7-22_16-50-13.png

For the rest of the weekend I avoided going over speed bumps (could just barely fit between them), but on the way home I also scraped one as I didn't judge the space between bumps properly...and I was going super slow, like 3 km/h. Looking closer, it appears the front flaps come closer to the ground than the rear ones. I'll try and take some pics with a measuring tape to show it.

I'll try and send a note to them as well and see what else can be done, because I'm also seeing the double sided tape coming off of the flaps (ie, the side that was pre attached to the flaps, not the car). This is after just a week of having them on my car, and I followed all install instructions to a T (for Tesla :))

This experience is making me re think using ones that have a screw to hold in place. Those push in plugs dont really hold that well....I plan on reaching out to them tonight/tomorrow to see what can be done because I dont think these will last the winter at this point...

Edit: while leaving work I used a super accurate gym shoe to show the difference between mud flap clearance. On the front I can barely fit the toe under the flap. In the rear I can fit the whole shoe. Seems to me the design should be tweaked to raise the front flaps an inch or two...

IMG_20190722_173238.jpg
IMG_20190722_173251.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
i just installed the North version of Eric's mudflaps.

Overall easy to install. Was easiest to take the wheel off. I found it was not possible to push many of the clips/pins in by hand and so i had to get the hammer out. For rear wheels i had to drill a new hole as the second to highest holes in the flaps backed onto the metal of the wheel well. I also had to use longer screws to reach the plastic. Overall quite easy to install with the video provided.

My only concern with the larger size of the North version was clearance and my concern was founded - today i went over an abrupt speed bump (slowly) and the front flaps bottomed out. The flaps are still secure but this may be a problem and if it is I'm going to all for replacement smaller front flaps.

I just installed the ‘California’ version from Eric of Antirouille Bolduc. I waited until I did a tire rotation. Eric’s video of the install is quite helpful. His new webpage is here:

EV Mudflaps par Antirouille Bolduc

The package is very well thought out and designed. Nothing additional is needed other than a few basic tools. Using 2 floor jacks and pucks I did one side at a time. With both wheels off the install was quite easy:

View attachment 430459

I used the included strips of PPF after cleaning the surface with alcohol. After running the strip of PPF I used an Xacto knife to trim the excess. This is not necessary, just my preference:

View attachment 430461

View attachment 430462

With that complete the install went quickly. One additional hole to drill on the fronts for a 3’rd push-pin and on the rear for a second screw. The push-pins inserted easily and I used a hammer to ‘assist’ in closing them:

View attachment 430473

Here are the smaller original push-pins shown beside the new ones:

View attachment 430474

Install complete:

View attachment 430475

View attachment 430476

View attachment 430477

View attachment 430478

View attachment 430479

I installed the California’s as I wanted a solution that had a minimal visual impact but provided a level of protection acceptable to me. These fit the bill perfectly. They are barely noticeable unless your looking for them. I park the car for 3 months during winter so the protection level is fine for me.
My concern about aftermarket ‘moulded’ spray guards discussed above versus the flat style is on the front is they tend to trap water,sand,salt etc. between them and the fender/rocker where they wrap around the sides. I had this happen on an Explorer and really regretted installing them.
Bottom line is I’m really happy with the the product. Eric at Antirouille Bolduc is a pleasure to deal with and I highly recommend his products.

Reactions: 03DSG

Overall easy to install. Was easiest to take the wheel off. I found it was not possible to push many of the clips/pins in by hand and so i had to get the hammer out. For rear wheels i had to drill a new hole as the second to highest holes in the flaps backed onto the metal of the wheel well. I also had to use longer screws to reach the plastic. Overall quite easy to install with the video provided.

My only concern with the larger size of the North version was clearance and my concern was founded - today i went over an abrupt speed bump (slowly) and the front flaps bottomed out. The flaps are still secure but this may be a problem and if it is I'm going to all for replacement smaller front flaps.

And those flat flaps were the $150 ones or the $39 ones? I had the the same issue with the Tsolutions $35 group buy flat flaps and the vendor promptly sent me new shorter fronts and redesigned pin lock pins. Not bad for $34!

Might be worth contacting Eric through the website and explaining your issue. Possibly just replacing the fronts with the mid-size Midwest might work? I found Eric very approachable and helpful.

Update on the mudflaps I installed (from tsolutions). Be careful going over speed bumps in parking lots. In general, you dont have to worry, but this weekend I was at Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls, ON and the bumps in there were what I would call 'aggressive'. They were narrow, and fairly high. I went over one at normal speed of around 10 km/h and the front left mud flap came down on the top of the bump after my wheel went over it and it popped the plastic rivets right off....so its making me a bit nervous about how well these will stay on in a winter snowstorm when changing lanes and there is a lot of snow on the ground.

Didn't get a picture of them, but basically they looked kind of like this: Narrower and taller than the typical speed bumps I'm used to:

View attachment 432888

For the rest of the weekend I avoided going over speed bumps (could just barely fit between them), but on the way home I also scraped one as I didn't judge the space between bumps properly...and I was going super slow, like 3 km/h. Looking closer, it appears the front flaps come closer to the ground than the rear ones. I'll try and take some pics with a measuring tape to show it.

I'll try and send a note to them as well and see what else can be done, because I'm also seeing the double sided tape coming off of the flaps (ie, the side that was pre attached to the flaps, not the car). This is after just a week of having them on my car, and I followed all install instructions to a T (for Tesla :))

This experience is making me re think using ones that have a screw to hold in place. Those push in plugs dont really hold that well....I plan on reaching out to them tonight/tomorrow to see what can be done because I dont think these will last the winter at this point...

Edit: while leaving work I used a super accurate gym shoe to show the difference between mud flap clearance. On the front I can barely fit the toe under the flap. In the rear I can fit the whole shoe. Seems to me the design should be tweaked to raise the front flaps an inch or two...

View attachment 432909 View attachment 432910

@pcons - Email Mike, he will take care of that for you. See post #53. :)

Arrived in the mail a while ago. Busy summer and kept putting the install off. Better get it done before winter though! :D

Dirty car - recently returned from camping and mud flaps would have been nice!

upload_2019-8-21_12-8-13.png upload_2019-8-21_12-8-43.png

Made PPF cut outs larger than mud flaps to pad the area from rubbing.
upload_2019-8-21_12-10-10.png upload_2019-8-21_12-10-46.png upload_2019-8-21_12-11-7.png

Front ones are little loose at the top, don't know how to secure them more with provided screws. Lets see how they hold up. LF, LR, RF, RR pictures in this order:

upload_2019-8-21_12-13-5.png upload_2019-8-21_12-13-26.png upload_2019-8-21_12-13-44.png upload_2019-8-21_12-14-7.png

All, I'm disappointed to write that the front flaps of the North versions of the EV mud flaps made and sold out of Quebec (EV Mudflaps par Antirouille Bolduc) are designed too big. I wrote them indicating that I've bottomed-out on speed bumps several times and the response was, to quote:

"Yes, indeed, the North Edition touch the speed bumps. Usually the customers who make us the remark are rather happy that the speed bump hits the mudflaps and not the car !! You can cut the front mudguards with a sheet metal chisel or purchase the MidWest."

and then when I indicated in a second email that this is a ridiculous statement as all mud flaps will hit a speed bump before the car, that the company should be indicating to potential customers that owners with the North edition regularly hit speed bumps, and that I'd like them to send me some Midwest front flaps that aren't so long I was told, to quote:

"I mean you are not the first customer to remark that the mudflaps hits the speed bumps, but you are the first to request another kit no charge."

Needless to say, they did not offer to send me replacement front flaps.
This is really disappointing to me: clearly the company is aware of a problem but not telling customers this, and they are not willing to rectify the problem. This is even more disappointing given the number of people that have said that 'Eric takes care of them'. The cost of a set of front flaps must be tiny - they are cut from a flat piece of plastic.

Anyway, caution in purchasing from this company.