Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mud Flaps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Managed to snap a pic of the included mud flaps while at the SC. All new cars I've seen inside today have them. Looks nice! Like that they don't have the top screw like the Chinese one.

IMG_1203.jpeg

Except I don't live in Vancouver downtown area, I hope you aren't that ignorant thinking that your picture represents entire BC driveway. It looks pretty much like your first picture when it's winter in here.

Though I don't get why you bother with bringing up all the live pictures and disagreeing my post etc, to just show how crappy weather you are living in? Again Tesla giving away free stuff to BC or not is completely unrelated to you. Kinda funny actually:D

I think you're completely missing the point here. As much as I find your pissing match with the other guy highly amusing, it's sort of not relevant.

Tesla is a business, and needs to make decisions with both its customers and its bottom line in mind. You're basically saying you have a need for mudflaps cause it gets muddy in Courtenay. That's great, but is your need greater or less than other areas which were not included in this program? There's only one answer to this, and it's NOT in your favour. Courtenay weather can't hold a candle to the winter weather in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, upstate New York, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, do I need to go on?

Tesla made a call, and it very reasonably doesn't include people living in the incredibly temperate climate of the lower mainland. Deal with it lol!

Additionally, you referenced the sand used on roads there. Ontario & Quebec use salt, and that's MUCH MUCH tougher on paint than sand. Another reason to exclude BC.

if you have any argument to make at all here, it'd be that you're a Tesla owner in Prince George and you're feeling totally screwed cause you're being stereotyped in with the rest of BC. But while I would feel bad for that person, I think total Tesla ownership in Prince George is probably in the range of 1 or 2 vehicles.

Last edited:
I think you're completely missing the point here. As much as I find your pissing match with the other guy highly amusing, it's sort of not relevant.

Tesla is a business, and needs to make decisions with both its customers and its bottom line in mind. You're basically saying you have a need for mudflaps cause it gets muddy in Courtenay. That's great, but is your need greater or less than other areas which were not included in this program? There's only one answer to this, and it's NOT in your favour. Courtenay weather can't hold a candle to the winter weather in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, upstate New York, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota, do I need to go on?

Tesla made a call, and it very reasonably doesn't include people living in the incredibly temperate climate of the lower mainland. Deal with it lol!

Additionally, you referenced the sand used on roads there. Ontario & Quebec use salt, and that's MUCH MUCH tougher on paint than sand. Another reason to exclude BC.

if you have any argument to make at all here, it'd be that you're a Tesla owner in Prince George and you're feeling totally screwed cause you're being stereotyped in with the rest of BC. But while I would feel bad for that person, I think total Tesla ownership in Prince George is probably in the range of 1 or 2 vehicles.

Glad you were amused, I was too. Anyways I could care less with this matter by now(sorry I only read your first paragraph), bought an aftermarket set from a reputable company and I'm happy now. Again all I did was a sigh and moving on, until one guy was triggered by it. Moving on!:cool:

Dang, Canadians fighting, who would have thunk it? Which mud flaps will help with this? View attachment 488941

I have the ~$40 Amazon/Ebay ones. They won't help with the snow build up but will keep the salt/sand/rocks from ruining your paint and rockers. You need to park it inside and run the heater to melt that gunk off. Follow by a power wash to remove the salt. I hate winter :mad:

EDIT: It may help with that snow build up on the side of the doors though. I haven't see any on mine this season :)

Reactions: PACEMD
If the Tesla front flaps become available for sale in the US, I think I'll give them a try. Had the Tsolutions flaps and returned them because the rear flaps would not hold. Had the ebay ones from China and they refunded my payment after 2 sets really didn't fit correctly in the front....

I went with the Rally Armors a few weeks ago after having 2 sets of the Chinese ones crack and break as they don’t flex over speed bumps. Rally Armor just released the Model 3 fitment and it requires no drilling and uses stainless steel which won’t corrode.

32488E8E-7D17-4A6F-A7C8-1C16BCC73D88.jpeg
82432537-FA4B-4434-8A0E-D4491A0386F0.jpeg
77EE0327-42A6-495D-8820-73A9A7C15D7E.jpeg
5F0B092E-9213-4184-8193-20D9F3276DBC.jpeg
Although I’m not in Canada I thought I’d share here. I drive a lot in the Alps with pretty bad snow storms and after putting these on they are superb at keeping my doors and rockers clean. I do however also have full carbon on the rockers that helps as well. They are a bit pricey but they flex beautifully:

Reactions: PACEMD
Mine came yesterday with the front flaps on and another set in the trunk. My mechanic who is installing the snow tires today when I asked him to pop them on « this is like staying a fancy resort where they charge you for towels, and the cheaper hotel includes everything! »
Tesla is odd sometimes!