Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 mud guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So with all the mud splash and debris kicking up.... I decided to invest in some mud guards... after extensive research can across protectmytesla and ordered a set of the carbon fiber mudguards... finally got them in took about 30 mins to install...and they look awesome and functional!... they are made from real carbon fiber...

Attachments

• C81D9EE9-8D73-499F-B723-7217D904EE28.jpeg
    C81D9EE9-8D73-499F-B723-7217D904EE28.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 1,398
  • 8AFBA8B1-C3AC-437E-B4F0-74183C9EC74B.jpeg
    8AFBA8B1-C3AC-437E-B4F0-74183C9EC74B.jpeg
    295.9 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 78FF0417-68BD-4965-A438-6F934A1E1AE7.jpeg
    78FF0417-68BD-4965-A438-6F934A1E1AE7.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 1,087
  • D8721C84-9DD2-48CA-B5EC-2F7F63E749FF.jpeg
    D8721C84-9DD2-48CA-B5EC-2F7F63E749FF.jpeg
    240.9 KB · Views: 1,064
Last edited:
I can't tell any range difference with the mudguards, but they must have some effect. The carbon fiber ones are good at blocking the dirt coming out the sides and pitting the underside of the doors and the rear wheel well where it flares out from the rear door. It doesn't block all, some not all, the dirt coming from below that hits the rockers.

You can actually see a dirt line on his mudguards.

Reactions: rharrack
can you do a review on taptes mud flaps? Mud Flaps for Tesla Model 3 Looks great but I can't find any reviews on them

Those look to be the same Chinese made and shipped set that others are selling, including on ebay. The lead time is more than a month. This is probably why you (nor I) have found any reviews on these rubbery wrap-around flaps. Last post I saw reported a delivery date of late August (8/22, I think)...

And re drilling, I these are the same Chinese set, I reached out to the manufacturer directly (not the reseller) and asked that question. This was the answer I received....

"Dear Customer:

Welcome to our shop, this product comes with screws.
The installation steps are as follows:
1. First unscrew the screw in the installation position;
2. Align the fenders with the screw holes and fix them with screws (some original cars have no screw holes, need to be punched and installed);

Best regards."

If you haven't already, you might want to scan this Mud Flap thread (beware, it's over 10 pages already)...

"Group buy opportunity" for reasonably priced Mud Flaps (Model 3)

I can't tell any range difference with the mudguards, but they must have some effect. The carbon fiber ones are good at blocking the dirt coming out the sides and pitting the underside of the doors and the rear wheel well where it flares out from the rear door. It doesn't block all, some not all, the dirt coming from below that hits the rockers.

You can actually see a dirt line on his mudguards.

I bought those and returned them.

They are not gonna protect your doors. Maybe the immediate 8 inch area behind the mud flap, but that’s it.

Draw a straight line from the bottom of your tire to the middle bottom of the front door. Those mudflaps aren’t not even close to being intersected by that trajectory.

Edges looked to rough for my taste. And they will likely chip just being raw carbon fiber with no edge.

I bought those and returned them.

They are not gonna protect your doors. Maybe the immediate 8 inch area behind the mud flap, but that’s it.

Draw a straight line from the bottom of your tire to the middle bottom of the front door. Those mudflaps aren’t not even close to being intersected by that trajectory.

Edges looked to rough for my taste. And they will likely chip just being raw carbon fiber with no edge.

What do you want for $180?! You could buy those waaaaaaaay overpriced $150 plastic ones also, to avoid CF fray.... :p

I'd rather spend $33.96 for very similar to the $150 ones that actually protect my rockers and doors - hence why I organized the Group Buy for those customer M3 flaps! :)

Reactions: Kleenerth3
What do you want for $180?! You could buy those waaaaaaaay overpriced $150 plastic ones also, to avoid CF fray.... :p

I'd rather spend $33.96 for very similar to the $150 ones that actually protect my rockers and doors - hence why I organized the Group Buy for those customer M3 flaps! :)

I ordered these for $23. Not sure I'll like them, but I might. I plan to avoid any drilling and use 3M double sided plate and plastic rivets in any holes that line up with existing holes.

2019 Car Mud Flaps Splash Guard Fender Mudguard For Tesla Model 3 + Fixing Screw | eBay

Reactions: BrunoB
I ordered these for $23. Not sure I'll like them, but I might. I plan to avoid any drilling and use 3M double sided plate and plastic rivets in any holes that line up with existing holes.

2019 Car Mud Flaps Splash Guard Fender Mudguard For Tesla Model 3 + Fixing Screw | eBay

Please post a review and pictures of those. Also your thoughts if you think the wrap around design and flexibility will cause grim and paint damage where they wrap around the wheel wells. Been waiting for a review of these, but no one seems to have revived them yet. Great price!

I went thru exactly the same thinking and reached the same conclusion. Ordered yesterday for 23 U$S.
Planing on using double sided tape and maybe some masking tapeor similar on the covered painted parts, to avoid rust and grinding of the paint.

I went thru exactly the same thinking and reached the same conclusion. Ordered yesterday for 23 U$S.
Planing on using double sided tape and maybe some masking tapeor similar on the covered painted parts, to avoid rust and grinding of the paint.

Did you also think about the potential range reduction hit, due to the "Cupped" forward-facing design of the flaps? Might collect a lot of gunk/snow/ice in there as well. Not sure how the flexibility of those flaps will deal with that scenario. My Subaru and Honda have this wrap around design, but they are rigid designs. I'm really interested to see or read about someone posting their post installation on these. For less than $30, you can just toss them if you don't like them. When are you expecting to receive this set?

Exact same plan here :)

Please post a review and pictures of those. Also your thoughts if you think the wrap around design and flexibility will cause grim and paint damage where they wrap around the wheel wells. Been waiting for a review of these, but no one seems to have revived them yet. Great price!

Has my rocker panel are PPF I think, to be confirmed that my PPF will prevent this issue.
Also planning to use a heat gun to make them fit if they are not perfect fit.