Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 mud guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DSCN0061.JPG
DSCN0085_1.JPG
20191026_092015.jpg
Glad TESLA is waking up to the need we knew about all along. But time will tell if they get it right. You don't have to wait at the cost of your paint this Fall and Winter. No mud flaps made offer our heavy duty serious protection profile. Why wait when you can buy ours now. With minimum visual impact, we get the job done with no new holes. www.evsmartparts.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad TESLA is waking up to the need we knew about all along. But time will tell if they get it right. You don't have to wait at the cost of your paint this Fall and Winter. No mud flaps made offer our heavy duty serious protection profile. Why wait when you can buy ours now. They get the job done with no new holes. www.evsmartparts.com

Just to confirm - right now you are only selling mud flaps for the front, correct ? Where do they ship from ?

Just to confirm - right now you are only selling mud flaps for the front, correct ? Where do they ship from ?
Hello, Yes, for now, front only because that is where they are needed the most since the rear of the car (not metal) slants up and away and is less vulnerable and the front is all metal.
We include PPF in the kits for the rear fender edge. We are working on a minimalist, low visual impact rear protector for the rear fender lip and will post info on our website when ready.

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL OFFER
PLACE YOUR ORDER STARTING NOV. 25TH THROUGH DEC 1ST
$69.99
Prices are falling as we ramp up production but we will not make them offshore just to attain low prices like so many other foreign competitors are doing.
We are located in New York State. Please check out our website for more details. Thank you.

$90 for a flat piece of rubber... really?
Thanks for your comment. They are a 2 ply special compound designed to be flexible, seal out mud and water, and be quick and easy to install or remove. Certainly more than what you describe in design, and less than what you describe in price. They are on sale now and check out our website. Essentially flat as you say but well designed to protect your paint and bodywork which will cost much more than $90 you mentioned in damage from one winter. Sounds like you have manufacturing experience so you can appreciate the costs from R&D, extensive testing, tooling, manufacturing and distribution. We also manufacture in our own country in our own state to create jobs for our citizens. We sincerely hope you purchase a set because we believe your car will like them. We ship to Europe as well.

Thanks for your comment. They are a 2 ply special compound designed to be flexible, seal out mud and water, and be quick and easy to install or remove. Certainly more than what you describe in design, and less than what you describe in price. They are on sale now and check out our website. Essentially flat as you say but well designed to protect your paint and bodywork which will cost much more than $90 you mentioned in damage from one winter. Sounds like you have manufacturing experience so you can appreciate the costs from R&D, extensive testing, tooling, manufacturing and distribution. We also manufacture in our own country in our own state to create jobs for our citizens. We sincerely hope you purchase a set because we believe your car will like them. We ship to Europe as well.

They do like nice but I think your price is a little high for only front mud flaps. Personally I think rears are important too as lots of stuff gets kicked up on the lower rear quarter.

Anyhow, as p-f-g asked, do you have a picture of a car with your product installed showing how well it works? A nice profile of a car that's been driven for a full snow and melt cycle maybe? My car gets super filthy after such a cycle. I've installed a set of the molded flaps 2 days ago and a weather event is coming today so I get my first evaluation of the cheap Chinese molded products.

They do like nice but I think your price is a little high for only front mud flaps. Personally I think rears are important too as lots of stuff gets kicked up on the lower rear quarter.

Anyhow, as p-f-g asked, do you have a picture of a car with your product installed showing how well it works? A nice profile of a car that's been driven for a full snow and melt cycle maybe? My car gets super filthy after such a cycle. I've installed a set of the molded flaps 2 days ago and a weather event is coming today so I get my first evaluation of the cheap Chinese molded products.

The rears are definitely vulnerable to sand-blasting and scratches. I have experienced this first hand. I installed the made in China mud flaps to protect the paint now (and hide the scratches).IMG_1441.jpg

DSCN0095.JPG
View attachment 479101

Thanks for your comment and question. We welcome any and all comments and questions.
A common perception is that mud flaps will keep your car clean. Nothing can be more removed from the truth. Contaminated spray from salty or muddy roads will always circumvent any and all barriers and there is no way to stop it. The true test of a mud flap is if it blocks abrasives, stones, viscous mud, road tar on hot days, and "Most of the' abrasive snow and slush kicked up by the tires for as far back from the front wheel as possible. We are the ones with the most coverage hands down because we are lowest and widest on the market. They can be this low because they are flexible. Its simple geometry.
I have attached a pic showing how, on a pre-cleaned car and driven on new snow, how our mud flap absolutely blocks this stuff. It is simple geometry. And we are the ones to have. PLUS no holes in your car. We may very well offer rear flaps, but we first focus on the metal front fender, metal rocker panel, and the aluminum front doors which are just sitting there inches away, very low, right behind the front wheels. Things get worse when you use snow tires. They super-paddle up much more abrasives and snow.

Just another vendor justifying their two wheel only product.... $90, ha ha ha and ha.
All comments and feedback are useful and valuable to us. At this point we have two of the best front mud flaps on the market. Our plans are not limited to just the fronts however and will keep you posted. As far at the price, we keep our manufacturing in the USA and have a special price as well at evsmartparts.com

I don't care what the price is if these things work better than the cheap Chinese ones.
"Who makes a better product than this? I don't care how many people do it, but I don't want to drill holes in my car.
"

Yes, thanks for your comment. Ours is a true "no new holes" mudflap. They install in three to five minutes per side and remove even quicker if you want to take them off for the summer. (see our video clip at www.EVSMARTPARTS.com
Other brands advertise "no Drill" but they make you make a hole anyway with a screw...and if the screw is hard to start through the plastic fender liner they instruct you to "use a drill to make starting the screw easier". But we think that any mudflap is better than no mudflap and we do not laugh at other manufacturers or others who post. We are an engineering company that makes great products and are just getting started with TESLA products. We need your support.
We have been including PPF in our kits to cover the rear plastic fender skin. We don't advertise this fact so maybe we should. We actually have a small flap in development for the rear fender lip but we are not advertising that until it is fully tested...and made in the USA.

Our prices have fallen:
We have a BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL OFFER
PLACE YOUR ORDER STARTING NOV. 25TH THROUGH DEC 1ST
$69.99

Checking in to see if anybody has had any efficiency issues for range as a result of having the mud flaps on. That’s literally the only thing holding me back on putting these on.[/QUOTE
Because our evsmartparts.com mud flaps are flexible we can observe them at different speeds to see if they get pushed back by the wind.
At 80 - 90 mph no flex, meaning they are not holding back the air flow and costing you any range.

Installed the basenor flap. It looks almost identical same markings...but there is design change. The front now has a hook that clips around the fender lip to help hold it in place....just like the rear ones do. I installed it with double sided tape as well..but not sure if it’s even necessary anymore. Will see if these brake lol.

F58A1BDC-5398-4815-8F5B-B9636ADE844D.jpeg

I've been following a few threads about mud flaps for a while and from what I've heard there is no noticeable efficiency change. I've noticed the same since I installed my mud flaps a few days ago. Even if there was a small efficiency hit, I would still install the mud flaps because after 17 months and 32,000 miles I started noticing some dings to the rocker panels right behind the front tires from flinging gravel and other things. I plan on keeping my car a very long time and want it to look good as long as possible.

Edit: a likely explanation for the unnoticeable efficiency is from mud flaps is that since they are right behind the tires, they ride along with them in the air stream and don't cause any more turbulence.
You are correct based on our high speed road tests. Our 2 ply, 14" thick, flexible, wide as the tire, and low 2" from ground, at 85 mph did not deflect at all.
That means it had no air pressure deflecting it. But it does deflect a degree or two when getting blasted by debris that would slam the car without them.

• Disagree
Reactions: hridge2020