Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 mud guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new Canadian OEs look meh
fb_img_1575053029220-jpg.30893

fb_img_1575053034430-jpg.30894

Yikes. Guess I'll stick with the China Amazon ones. Tesla screwed up on these.

Thanks for the pics and the info. I'm really considering the Rally Armor kit, but I have one weird hangup: I don't like products with advertising on them (the Rally Armor name on the bottom edge). That's one more cool feature about the M3: no identification other than the Tesla badge.

So, are the front and back surfaces the same or different? I'm thinking of using them turned around, swapping the left rear for the right rear, etc. I'm assuming they're otherwise symmetrical.

I'm hoping this idea works as I really think they're the best flaps I've seen yet.
Same - Don’t like advertising and don’t like the $200 price tag, either! :eek:

The Canadian/Tesla version appear to be small and discrete. If they are getting the actual job done ie preventing debris from being kicked onto the paint then they seem like the best option to me.

Just trying to understand why several folks here don't like these.

The Canadian/Tesla version appear to be small and discrete. If they are getting the actual job done ie preventing debris from being kicked onto the paint then they seem like the best option to me.

They look like a rushed after thought to me. I don't see these providing the protection level we all would expect. Time will tell. YMMV.

Reactions: EVSmartParts

Jesus. To some people everything Tesla touches must be gold. Have you had any mudflaps before? These (I haven't seen any confirmation/link that these are indeed the OEM option) flaps pictured above are utter junk. They may block a narrow portion of the debris flow directly toward where we've seen the worst pain wear on Finnish cars. They will do nothing to prevent the road grime and salt accumulating behind the fender liner and letting stuff rot from the inside. The Model 3 absolutely needs the latter, given that most cars came with fender liners just hanging there not secured to anything.

Reactions: EVSmartParts
Tesla versions are disappointing. First drive in the snow with the amazon mud guards last night and this morning. I think they’re sufficiently effective....only a splash of snow on the bottom rockers...and I did a bit of drifting. If they hold up I think they actually look good enough to run year round....and I hate mud guards lol.

F9C16E8F-26CC-4538-AFEB-4B41B498DABD.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Skione65
anyone have official installation instructions for oem mudflaps?

i swear to spaghetti monster i saw it either on the tesla.com support article, or in the manual, that there were instructions on installation a compact flaps and the taller flaps.

my car had compact flaps installed on the front. and apparently a set of flaps for the rear in the trunk. i want to put those on the car as well ahead of a long road trip

Seems like RPM Tesla is marketing a "Screwless" Gen 2 Mud Flap. Looks like the front now has tuck-in tabs into the front fender, exactly like how the rear mud flaps fit - pretty smart.

Anyone know if these are actually made by RPM Tesla or had China just improved their mold and we could see these flood the market?

Model 3 Mud Flaps Gen. 2 Screwless (Set of 4 - Only $39 with 20% Off)

IMG_4745_a53ed488-ec60-4266-8d02-9a7ef597444d_1000x.jpg
Rebranded crap from China. You’ll see it on Amazon of eBay if it isn’t already.

Installed the basenor flap. It looks almost identical same markings...but there is design change. The front now has a hook that clips around the fender lip to help hold it in place....just like the rear ones do. I installed it with double sided tape as well..but not sure if it’s even necessary anymore. Will see if these brake lol.

View attachment 479237

Seems like RPM Tesla is marketing a "Screwless" Gen 2 Mud Flap. Looks like the front now has tuck-in tabs into the front fender, exactly like how the rear mud flaps fit - pretty smart.

Anyone know if these are actually made by RPM Tesla or had China just improved their mold and we could see these flood the market?

Model 3 Mud Flaps Gen. 2 Screwless (Set of 4 - Only $39 with 20% Off)

IMG_4745_a53ed488-ec60-4266-8d02-9a7ef597444d_1000x.jpg

Same as the newest basenor flaps from Amazon I posted a while ago.