Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Electrek has them:
Tesla Model 3 release candidate spotted in the wild and daylight for the first time

(Some, like this first one, are slightly distorted/stretched)

img_4429.jpg

model-3-release-candidate-4.jpg

byjtlykxtlpy.jpg

model-3-release-candidate-5-e1491345316190.jpg

model-3-release-candidate-7-e1491345391661.jpg

model-3-release-candidate-11.jpg

model-3-release-candidate-9.jpg

model-3-release-candidate-13-e1491345577838.jpg

EDIT.
Reddit work:
RxYCOb4.gif

Last edited:
Electrek mentions

"Apparently, the Model 3 was following a BMW when both vehicles passed him. He followed and wrote:
Two cars, other was a BMW. They were driving pretty fast past me. I pulled a u-turn and followed. They switched drivers.
They could be tuning the vehicle’s driving performance, which would explain why it was following a BMW and they switched drivers."

Does anyone know what "tuning the vehicles driving performance" would entail?

Electrek mentions

"Apparently, the Model 3 was following a BMW when both vehicles passed him. He followed and wrote:
Two cars, other was a BMW. They were driving pretty fast past me. I pulled a u-turn and followed. They switched drivers.
They could be tuning the vehicle’s driving performance, which would explain why it was following a BMW and they switched drivers."

Does anyone know what "tuning the vehicles driving performance" would entail?
It sounds cliche, but lots of manufacturers benchmark handling performance to BMW, and final suspension tweaks can usually wait until pretty far along in the development process. Could be back-to-back suspension comparisons.

The nose looks a lot more conservative from the side profile than the prototype. Can't tell if its just the angle. They definitely did something to the trunk. It looks longer.

Overall I really like it.
I don't if it just looks more prominent here, but I really like the exaggerated duckbill on the trunk lid. Looks good.

Reactions: shrspeedblade
Looks to me like the black center caps on the wheels are missing but at the same time there are caps with the Tesla logo so maybe the production version of the rims don't have the black caps.

At least some of the rims are marked (RF for right front, for example) they probably didn't put he caps on because they're doing a lot of swapping of tires and/or rims.

That center screen looks very high up in the profile pic where the driver is looking at the guy taking the pictures. Looks like it's easily within sight line of the driver while looking at the road.

That white rectangle on the back pillars are interesting. Additional sensors? Cameras? If cameras, for AP 2.0 (and what would that mean for current S and X models?) or for a 360 degree stitched view for parking? Or maybe they're just a strange design quirk of the prototype and won't be anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.