Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, this is closer to the tweaked TM3 front fascia. The new front will have a more distinct duck bill, the frunk opening will not be as far forward, but the curves and angles will be softened as in your rendering.

Any version that eliminates the faux grill works for me. I want neither the moustache nor the snaggle tooth. Even the "smushed" look is an improvement on the S. I have seen a photoshopped X without smushed look, snaggle tooth or moustache. It looked so sleek!

wtf that car looks incredible in these pictures

Not weird or bubbly or bloated at all! Front looks bigger and better proportioned and the back looks less fat. Although I suspect this might be camera tricks since all of the other spy shots don't make the car look this good.
I think the difference is that there is a filter on the pictures and the bottom of the car is pretty dark and one does not really notice where the car stops. I think one gets the imagination that the height is between the roof and this light stripe a bit above the bottom of the body instead of the really bottom like here.

this-was-the-other-tesla-model-3-spotted-recently_827x510_81491566229.jpg

I think the difference is that there is a filter on the pictures and the bottom of the car is pretty dark and one does not really notice where the car stops. I think one gets the imagination that the height is between the roof and this light stripe a bit above the bottom of the body instead of the really bottom like here.

I think the car looks a bit stretched (elongated) in this photo. I'm not complaining but it could be just more camera tricks.

I think you're right. The shadow makes the car look lower (and subsequently thicker). The angle is just high enough too that the hood slopes toward the viewer which gives the impression of a taller hood.

I've also noticed that pictures taken closer to the backside of the car (like the one you linked) really emphasize the lack of horizontal-ness on the trunk. Makes it look more like an X which emphasizes the puffiness. This picture also has zero indication of the spoiler "swooping" upward, which really adds to the sportiness of it all. It makes the top of the trunk look too tall and chubby. Unfortunately this angle will be one of the most viewed. Makes it look a bit like a cockroach. Bear in mind that Model X has this issue even more. S does too, but it's only the worst angles.

My main issue with the proportions of the Model 3 is that it looks top heavy. Or rather butt-heavy. The front end is far too tiny for such a big bubbly back end of that size. It looks like an SUV more than a sedan. Not very sleek at all. Good example of function over form, which is great and all... but some of us still prefer a nice-looking car.

• Disagree
Reactions: juanmedina
The front end is far too tiny for such a big bubbly back end of that size

The hood is the result of the "cab forward" design. Some people will have a problem with this futuristic development in design (like no front grill), but I am loving the look........and the interior driving experience with cab forward will be phenomenal! One day all cars will gravitate toward this design feature with even more extreme iterations of that concept.

Reactions: jsrawa
The hood is the result of the "cab forward" design. Some people will have a problem with this futuristic development in design...

From Wikipedia:

The term "cab forward" was a marketing term used by Chrysler Corporation starting in 1992 to describe styling and engineering features that were similar to those seen on the AMC Pacer and the Lamborghini Portofino, which improved cornering and interior space[10] The passenger cabin was "pushed forward" so that the front wheel well directly abutted the leading edge of the front doors, and the windshield extended forward over the engine, while the rear wheels were shifted towards the back corners of the vehicle. Moving the wheels to the edges allowed designers to enlarge the interior while improving ride and cornering. Numerous models built from 1993 to 2004 on the Chrysler LH platform, the JA and JR platforms ("cloud cars"), and the PL platform (Neon), were specifically marketed as cab forward cars. Chrysler claimed to be the first to apply these features to a full-size car.[11]

From Wikipedia:

The term "cab forward" was a marketing term used by Chrysler Corporation starting in 1992 to describe styling and engineering features that were similar to those seen on the AMC Pacer and the Lamborghini Portofino, which improved cornering and interior space[10] The passenger cabin was "pushed forward" so that the front wheel well directly abutted the leading edge of the front doors, and the windshield extended forward over the engine, while the rear wheels were shifted towards the back corners of the vehicle. Moving the wheels to the edges allowed designers to enlarge the interior while improving ride and cornering. Numerous models built from 1993 to 2004 on the Chrysler LH platform, the JA and JR platforms ("cloud cars"), and the PL platform (Neon), were specifically marketed as cab forward cars. Chrysler claimed to be the first to apply these features to a full-size car.[11]

Ah, you beat me to it! Nothing new with cab forward design...

Reactions: e-FTW
I found some new fotos of the blue Model 3.
One thing I have to say, I´m a bit confused that it look so different from some angles.

It´s so beautiful..sporty...etc in theses pictures!!!!View attachment 222415View attachment 222416

Such good photos! Where did you see these?

Now I'm seriously torn between the blue and midnight silver color. :confused:

My wife and I had this exact conversation! I guess we'll have to wait until we can compare. (Is inevitable in AUS)

I completely disagree. There is most definitely something missing from the back end. It is so obvious you must be blind if you don't see it!

The blue production candidate is without a doubt missing my license plate. I wish they would stop using my car for all this testing and just put it back in my garage...geeze, some people. ;)

Dan

The blue one is MINE. I claimed it a few dozen posts before when I said it was the most gorgeous image of the Model 3 I've ever seen. Get your own color!

Yes. Yes you were wrong not to have gone there, camped out in a lawn chair, prepared to dash into the street to stop the car so you could good quality interior pictures.

When we all start taking delivery of our Model 3's, it's going to be like Christmas when we were all 5 years years old and almost died running down the stairs of our 5 story mansions wondering what Mr. Claus dropped off for us, besides the Lexus's he left for our parents. The euphoria emanating from this site alone could possibly right all that is wrong with the world, and even turn Mr. Putin into the equivalent of a modern day Thomas Jefferson. The Harmonic Convergence that never actually happened back in 1987 might finally converge.

On second thought, I may be guilty of understating the positive impact of the Model 3's initial deliveries. I will contemplate that over some dead fish and rice wine tonight and get back to y'all...

RT

My main issue with the proportions of the Model 3 is that it looks top heavy. Or rather butt-heavy. The front end is far too tiny for such a big bubbly back end of that size

Form follows function. i.e. no engine == no large front end.

We all are attracted to what we are accustomed to. When all cars had front engines, they all had long hood lines. No more. Kind of like when the Model S lost the front grill. People freaked out! Lots of drugs helped them get over it.

RT

Status
Not open for further replies.