Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know people are seeing this, and I see what you're talking about, but until I see a shot without reflections, I'm skeptical. Take the photo from yesterday, for instance. The first line your eyes follow is the reflection, but if you look closely, there is another line visible, and if you trace that, it's exactly the same as the old prototype. Reflections play tricks on the eyes. I want a shot in good lighting, no reflections, and straight on front/side views (not asking for much).
giphy.gif

Is the joker smiling or frowning? I can't tell...

0fgFwHr.jpg

Apparently we are all seeing what we want to see.

It's funny that you are claiming the above 2 shots prove that the front end is different, but to me these actually show just the opposite. To me the reflections in the 2 pics flow almost identically.

Can't wait for good final pictures so we can play "I told you so". (I'm not confident that I'm right, but I'm sticking with my current opinion)

Yeah, those two pictures made me even less sure that anything changed. It very well could have changed, but I'm not sure until I see it in less reflective conditions, and a side shot/front shot. I can look at two different pictures of that red one and think they changed something depending on the angle.

I'm happy that you are so convinced. I'm not -either way (changed, not changed). I'd say I'm agnostic. It could be tweaked, it could be the same, until we get some non-spy shots it's not really worth arguing with passion. Fun to talk about, but man people get invested in their opinions. We're all working with the same facts, it's interesting to see people differing so. I guess that's what makes the world interesting.

-Jim

I'm not sure they HAVEN'T changed it, but I'm not sure they have. Again, I'll hold off being sure either way until I see good pictures of it. The 3/4ish angles all look a little different, even on the old pictures of the matte black and silver cars that don't show any reflections.

I personally like the "no visible vents" approach (I think plastic adjustable vents are the ugliest part of most cars) and I think the clean look of the area in front of driver may be great.

Modify it to "one of the ugliest..." and I can agree :) I do not mind "no visible vents" as long as I do not lose any functionality. But I have to have the functionality of directing any airflow from the dashboard up/down left/right towards me/away from me or close one part of it completely off depending on the temperature etc. Functionality before form.

I feel people are confusing "new and different", and with "cheap, tacky" and a bunch of the other adjectives I've seen.
No, I do not mind "new and different", as long as the "new and different" part gives me more or better functionality. Or at least just as much functionality as the "old and trusted". But I do mind loosing functionality that I need, think I need or just want. Functionality before form.

I do love cars without this ugly console between the front seats. I sort of hoped that Model 3 would come without it just like the Model S did back then. But on the other hand, I have to agree that it at least add some functionality (while removing others) so that part is OK, as long as it actually does add reasonable functionalities that I can appreciate. Functionality before form.

Reactions: N5329K
Kind of makes me wish I lived in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Mexico. North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, or West Virginia where it's not required to have a front plate.

...said nobody ever.

On the subject of the front bumper crease, I don't think it will be settled until there is a less reflective RC.
I don't think it will ever be settled, cause nobody is ever going to physically be in the same location as an alpha and final car to feel the difference. And even then, nobody would take them at their word. Pictures will always have arguments about reflections and focal length, even very well controlled ones. And I doubt Tesla even cares to make a public statement "yes, we changed the front bumper". Honestly, this whole conversation is tiresome. In 9 months nobody will care. The Model 3 will be what the Model 3 will be, and people will love it, and most will not even know that maybe possibly there are minor differences since the original alpha models. There will be maybe 2 or 3 people on TMC that will have refused to get a Model 3 because of the supposed change. A changed or not facsia will not be a deciding factor for the rest of us in this conversation.

I don't think it will ever be settled, cause nobody is ever going to physically be in the same location as an alpha and final car to feel the difference. And even then, nobody would take them at their word. Pictures will always have arguments about reflections and focal length, even very well controlled ones. And I doubt Tesla even cares to make a public statement "yes, we changed the front bumper". Honestly, this whole conversation is tiresome. In 9 months nobody will care. The Model 3 will be what the Model 3 will be, and people will love it, and most will not even know that maybe possibly there are minor differences since the original alpha models. There will be maybe 2 or 3 people on TMC that will have refused to get a Model 3 because of the supposed change. A changed or not facsia will not be a deciding factor for the rest of us in this conversation.
I will. I will physically be in the same place.

I'm planning on picking up my Model 3 at the Fremont factory where they have an alpha.

• Disagree
Reactions: kingjamez
Oh, that? The yellow just goes back and forth across the light as if it were K.I.T.T.

"Michael? Does my nose look funny?"
LORtzcG.jpg

I seriously want a black Model 3 so I can chrome delete and do some type of light in the front. I'll name the car KITT, and hopefully a software update later enables me to talk to it. It's been my dream since the early 80s... since my name is Michael.

Back to the interior topic. So I believe the biggest negative I am getting that we can actually see is that the 3s dash will be very simple and clean. This mainly because of the touch screen. I guess for some that comes off as less luxurious.

Other items is wood or textured materials. So after having those materials in other cars we opted to not have anything like that in our Model S. The less texture and crevices the better. Why? Keeping it clean. We love how easy it is to keep our dash dust free most of the time. We dont have all this little circular windows for different gauges that are a pain to keep dust free. We dont have things like a center gear shift (which is all look anyway) to make it look like were driving a stick shift. Like the Bolt for instance so much space is given up that could have been put in a touch screen. Same with our Volt(s) we dont need a gear shift. We need forward/reverse neutral and park. We need a setting for regenerative braking. We dont need it to act like another gear.

As for quality of materials isnt that something we cant tell from photos?

When it comes to the interior, the big question is how will the general public like it? If the opinion is split here in tesla fanboy land, I dont know how your average consumer or non tesla enthusiasts will like it. If they dont like it, then it could be trouble for sales, which is abig deal since the model 3 gamble is a big one. Right or wrong, people expect certain things with their car's interior... and so far the argument for the interior is that you wont care, not that this new take on a minimalist interior is better than what we have in other cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.