Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. My friend said that the car went by too fast for him to snag a picture. Sounds like a Tesla, though doesn't it? He's ridden in my S before, so he's seen one close up. He was adamant that it wasn't an S. We will see if anyone else spots it.
Your friend was mistaken. Tesla would not send one of the two functioning Model 3 prototypes to the East Coast for...what purpose?

Your friend likely saw a dark grey Model X briefly from a distance. He probably had never seen one before.

Reactions: SΞXY P100D
Apparently, a black (possibly matte) test mule was spotted around Williamsburg, VA today. I wonder who was driving?

Most likely a Model S with the new front bumper/face.

The still relatively rare Model X is sometimes misidentified as the Model 3. It doesn't look exactly like a Model S (which people are familiar with), but is definitely a Tesla vehicle of some sort, so people surmise it must be the Model 3.

Or the refreshed Model S.

I did see the same matte black Model 3 about two weeks ago on Highway 395 in the middle of nowhere on my way to Mammoth SC, while I was on a long trip to Reno. I almost didn't believe it. I missed the opportunity to take a picture since it turned off the highway as I was entering. It was clearly the same car (or similar build). Hoping to have more sightings soon!

I did see the same matte black Model 3 about two weeks ago on Highway 395 in the middle of nowhere on my way to Mammoth SC, while I was on a long trip to Reno. I almost didn't believe it. I missed the opportunity to take a picture since it turned off the highway as I was entering. It was clearly the same car (or similar build). Hoping to have more sightings soon!
That one could have been headed to (or from) the Gigafactory. I hope to see it, or ride in it, tomorrow night.

I spotted a model 3...
tesla-model-3-3.jpg

I hope so too, even though I don't expect to see one here in Germany in the near future. I am still wondering why some of their publicity shots look like they were taken in the eastern part of Germany, of all places...

Someone on Reddit claimed to have seen a Model 3 in Austria yesterday and if I'm not mistaken I thought I read about another person seeing one in Austria a while back. Both times people were convinced they mistook a Model X for a Model 3 but you never know, right? I personally don't think they look that alike and apparently Tesla has to apply for regulations and such in Europe before being able to sell their cars so it wouldn't be impossible.

Hopefully we can get a few shots of them in the wild soon and I think things will start to heat up really soon. The third part of the reveal should happend in Q1 if Tesla sticks to the current schedule.

Sorry for digging up this thread but I didn't want to create a new thread just to repost something from Reddit.
Apparently someone has seen multiple Model 3s. One in red and one in blue. That would mean that Tesla now has more Model 3s than just the silver and the matte black one we already know about
That Reddit user peterabbit456 appears to be able to correctly identify a Model 3 based on the "landscape center display" so one might tend to believe him, even without pictures.

On the other hand, what are the chances of one individual seeing at least two (and maybe three) different, brand new Model 3 prototypes over a short period of time in an area like Los Angeles where there are thousands of enthusiastic Tesla owners and fans and no one else has reported those new prototypes on social media?

I think it is possible that he is making up those reports just to get some attention. Or maybe he really has seen multiple new prototypes and is the first to report them. Need more data...

On the other hand, what are the chances of one individual seeing at least two (and maybe three) different, brand new Model 3 prototypes over a short period of time in an area like Los Angeles where there are thousands of enthusiastic Tesla owners and fans and no one else has reported those new prototypes on social media?

^^^ This.

I also find it curious that he was able to discern "conventional-looking driving instruments over the steering wheel" while it was "passing" him on the freeway "while it was still dark".

Status
Not open for further replies.