Sorry you are having problems, my thoughts on some as below, others i have left out as i dont use or have.
1. Phone Key - I had a 2016 Model S and never had any issues with it. My M3 constantly does not connect to my phone until I open the app. It would be easier to just carry the key card. I have had the same phone the whole time and this has started happening only this year.
Mine has never skipped a beat, may depend on phone, i have an iphone 11 and its as i said never not worked.
(i keep the card anyway as a back up!)
As somebody pointed out on this thread, you can set the Tesla App to "not go to sleep". Not easy to find on my Galaxy S9 but since I made that change, this problem seems to have gone away.
2. Cruise Control random braking - From the beginning the TACC would jam on the brakes when facing an uphill road or when a vehicle would cross in front even though it would be well clear before TACC would jam on the brakes. I have learned to anticipate most of these events but it upsets my wife terribly, so much so that I use it much less that I used cruise control in ICE vehicles. It has improved somewhat after several over the air updates, but it remains an issue.
Mine has done this when going under certain bridges, its scary and hopefully they system will learn or get by this.
4. Dashcam - It seems to only randomly record. Sentry Mode works fine and records every time we park the car. As I recall, Dashcam was working well when it was first activated. I have tried erasing the thumb drive but have seen no change.
I had a few issues with USB, since updating to a SSD Extreme unit its been fine.
Another answered question it turns out that Tesla changed it so that it only records the last 10 min. when you touch the Dashcam icon or honk. Presumably this was done to keep from filling up the drive. I tried this it and it does work, so this one is solved!
5. Auto Wipers - This system is a joke. After all this time since the first camera equipped MS's, you would think Tesla would have perfected it. If it wasn't so tedious to adjust the wipers manually on the screen, I would leave it off. Sometimes I have used the voice activated system however it does not reliably interpret the commands so I cannot depend on it to work quickly.
it can be hit and miss but generally works as well as other auto wiper systems i have add, that being said the good thing is that issues on these cars can be fixed, with others cars...tough thats the way it will always be
Yes, in fact all of my previous cars that had this feature were just as bad. I am hoping for a marked improvement someday and you are absolutely correct that at least we can hope for a fix to be rolled out!
6. Foglights - Activating these takes too many steps and jabs to the screen. On our rough roads every attempt is a crap shoot. Why can't we have an icon permanently on the home screen for one touch?
awkward but not too bad, maybe in the future an customisable fixed button system along the bottom will give us more choices!!, we can only hope!!
7. Glovebox - See above. Permanent icon please!
as above on future custom screen, but lets face it we don't open them glove box that often, plus voice command always works for me with that
9. Noise - I knew the M3 would be somewhat noisier than the MS I was coming out of but I chose to ignore it at the time for all of the advantages of the newer car. I did install a set of extra weather strip seals around the doors and stuffed some sound foam in the large hole in the rear package shelf and these changes did make a noticeable improvement. Now the primary noise is tire drone. I have read on various forums that some people have installed sound dampening material on the rear fender wells, however the effort to do this and the inconsistent results reported have discouraged me from trying this. My Michelin tires are nearing the end of their life at 22,000 miles so I will try some Continental tires. But I do feel like these noise problems are exaggerated in an electric car because of the lack or engine noise, so the tolerance level for excess noise is much less. Surely some extra sound foam and/or resonance dampening would help. We should not have to experiment on home fixes.
Doesn't help but this is getting better on newer cars, like all things early adopters often get shafted, i turn up the stereo a little louder , plus like the windows open so its less of an issue for me
I am going to replace the Michelin MXM4s with Continental PureContact LS tires that are rated somewhat better for noise by tirerack. That are also rated better for wear. I will report on how they sound once I make the change.
10. Side Camera view on lane change - My daughter's 4 year old Honda shows her a side camera view when using the turn signal. Surely this is not a difficult software update. This is especially important since the view to the rear is poor due to a high trunk line.
This will come, lots are asking for it, but the issue could be we look at the screen rather than a glance , which is safer..tough question
My feeling is that the view from the side cameras are unobstructed by the B and C pillars or the high trunk. Now that we have the side view option to use with the rear camera view button, looking at it the blind spot is eliminated. So I think that is an improvement.
11. Hold feature - Another feature rolled out with an OAU. It does work very well normally, however if you try feathering the throttle, especially on a hill it will often slam on the breaks with a notification the "brakes applied to prevent roll away" even though it wasn't rolling away! I have learned to "stab" at the throttle and be less smooth to avoid this. I know I can just turn it off, but really I just want it to work properly!
Haven't experienced this as yet, hopefully it wont be an issue for me but im sure its annoying
Yes, another thing that upsets my wife!
The great thing about these cars as i know you must be aware is that issues such as these can be fixed over time, granted not as quickly as you may want but none the less they do often get addressed, i dont know any other car companies that add free features on their car after you leave the showroom, so not all bad...plus you can smoke most cars on the road...gotta count for something !!
Agreed especially about the hope that some or all of these things will be fixed with an OAU someday. And, yes, to this day I look for excuses to drive anywhere! Love blowing away Chargers and Porsches! Now that the phone key and dashcam issues seem to be fixed I am feeling a little less frustrated. But the TACC issues (random braking and speed settings) are a major irritant for me. Because I am in the habit of using cruise control all the time, I experience it constantly. We are in the market for a new car for my wife this year, but Tesla is off the list until at least this one issue is corrected.