Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 needs weather overlay on navigation map

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe that the Model 3 (and S/X) need a weather radar overlay on the navigation map. A radar is very important for looking ahead so that you can make trip decisions (snow? ice? thunderstorm?).

In addition, it would be nice to have a weather station overlay. That displays temperature and wind information (useful for range determinations....headwind/tailwind and temperature considerations).

This seems like it would be a relatively simple overlay to add that would add a lot of usability.

Would providing that raw data to the drive be good, or do you really want them to just incorporate these additional factors into the battery predictions when you have a destination set in the nav? Instead of forcing the user to whip out an E6B (based off your EFIS avatar) and make these corrections in their head, wouldn't it be better to have them just adjust the predictions for you? I'd much rather sit back and let the computer do the mental gymnastics for me.

Would providing that raw data to the drive be good, or do you really want them to just incorporate these additional factors into the battery predictions when you have a destination set in the nav? Instead of forcing the user to whip out an E6B (based off your EFIS avatar) and make these corrections in their head, wouldn't it be better to have them just adjust the predictions for you? I'd much rather sit back and let the computer do the mental gymnastics for me.

I'll always opt to have information available and not use it than not have access to it.

Maybe because I am in Southern California, but I don't imagine that I would let a weather report dictate where I drive. Might be interesting, but I gotta go where I gotta go. For the once every 5 years that I might care, I could look that up on my smartphone. Just a data point....