Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 new dash screen showing blind spot cameras??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not aware of any product like that.

If you're looking for better visibility I do recommend convex mirrors, stock mirrors are trash and unsafe IMO.

Looking down at the main screen is extremely distracting and not intuitive IMO.
If regulators pulled their heads out of their rears vehicles wouldn't have side mirrors and would use cameras with screens in the doors. But for me, it takes less effort to move my eye slightly right to see the blind spot screen than it does to turn my head to look at the side mirror. And I would think that looking down at the dash is no different than looking slightly right because neither involves turning your head.

If regulators pulled their heads out of their rears vehicles wouldn't have side mirrors and would use cameras with screens in the doors. But for me, it takes less effort to move my eye slightly right to see the blind spot screen than it does to turn my head to look at the side mirror. And I would think that looking down at the dash is no different than looking slightly right because neither involves turning your head.

However, putting the camera display in the upper (rather than lower) part of the screen would reduce the distance the driver needs to turn their eyes down from the road or mirrors.

Is anyone aware of a aftermarket screen that will show the blind spot cameras that can be mounted on the dash behind the steering wheel?

Looking down at the main screen is extremely distracting and not intuitive IMO.

Thanks!
John