Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - New SR+ vs Used SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The [NSW] sub $60k drive-away Model 3 SR+ is just 3 weeks away. In most cases used SR+ are no cheaper than this including private sales.

The cheapest used option currently seems to be from Tesla themselves, so includes FSD + rear heated seats enabled.

Curious on community opinion on which you think the better option between New and Used? How much cheaper would the Used need to be than the New in order to jump that way? What’s FSD worth on a used Model 3, given it’s not coming here any time soon?

🤔

Reactions: pts260
Well, it's no longer 3 weeks away. NSW Parliament is not sitting so legislation is not approved yet and the incentives will not roll out on September 1. Nothing has been done to plan for this (no CCTV and other installations) presumably because our Pollies were so full of being "Gold Standard" that they did not contemplate the possibility of what is now happening in NSW. Last time they sat was something like June 24.

• Informative
Reactions: cafz
The [NSW] sub $60k drive-away Model 3 SR+ is just 3 weeks away. In most cases used SR+ are no cheaper than this including private sales.

The cheapest used option currently seems to be from Tesla themselves, so includes FSD + rear heated seats enabled.

Keep in mind the used prices you see on carsales etc are 'asking' prices - generally buyers negotiate. The actual prices paid are not usually published. If I were a used buyer, I'd be comparing feature set. Things like heat pump, power boot lid, wireless charging, longer range, longer warranty, no degradation etc.

Once the subsidies kick in I'd expect more struggles for the used market.

Reactions: Nobody Famous
I noticed that the prices on the used ones appear Excluding taxes and fees where new one comes with including taxes and fees and on-road costs?
Will be interesting to see if the different battery chemistry will affect the price as older ones have Nickel based and new ones have Iron based batteries at least for SR+?