Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 new tyres time - Vredstein Quadrac anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdk42

Jul 17, 2019
Leamington
My LR on 18” rims is now on 22k miles and the rears are down to almost 2mm, so I’m looking at replacements. Pure performance is not my objective but better winter performance is. So, I’m looking at some all-season tyres and have read some good stories about the Quadracs. Noise is also an important thing for me and it seems they do well in that department too. Anyone gone down that route and have any experiences to share?

Reactions: browellm
My LR on 18” rims is now on 22k miles and the rears are down to almost 2mm, so I’m looking at replacements. Pure performance is not my objective but better winter performance is. So, I’m looking at some all-season tyres and have read some good stories about the Quadracs. Noise is also an important thing for me and it seems they do well in that department too. Anyone gone down that route and have any experiences to share?
I have Quadracs (19”) as my winter tyre on my M3P and they are excellent. Snow and Ice performance is terrific (Aberdeenshire), wear is good and road noise low. I would use them all year round apart from the fact I really like my 20” wheels in the Summer.

I had the Michelin CrossClimates fitted today. Very smooth process at ATS in Coventry - they seem a good bunch of guys who have experience of Teslas so no drama over lifting etc. My old tyres were actually worse than I thought so I left replacement too long (23k miles). The rears were in places well below the wear markings and even the fronts were not far off either. A few interesting points (well, interesting to me!):

1) Only two of the old tyres had the foam inserts (the fronts). Guess the factory ran short of stock!

2) Wear on the tyres was actually pretty even across the width, but there was an obvious variation around the circumference with some areas on the rears almost bald compared to other parts of the same tyre. This is probably the cause of a droning noise I've been noticing over the past few months. I've never noticed this wear variation pattern before with previous tyres (but then again I've never ran a tyre down as low as these).

3) The new CrossClimates are a little quieter than the old tyres (Michelin Pilot 4).

WIll be interesting to see how the new tyres perform. From what I read there is a slight hit on consumption compared to regular summer tyres.

Reactions: init6