Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 new USB C center console data hub from model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah changing the front one sounds a lot harder than it actually is. I put the whole thing off for several weeks because I was anxious about doing it.

Changing the rear is as simple as it gets, literally a 3 minute job. The only advice I would give is to wrap the new connector (OEM connector going into the aftermarket adapter) in wire harness tape, so there's no chance of it rattling when you stuff it in the recess when putting the new rear vent assembly on.

The hardest part about changing the front one, in my opinion, is the mini USB connector that runs down the right hand side of the console. I found it a massive pain to remove, only because it's difficult to release it. After that deattaching the console is as simple as it gets. Tesla really did design the car to be servicable with the minimum of fuss. The entire centre console is held in by 6 screws, and you don't have to remove it from the car to get access to the USB hub, it's enough to just pull it back so you can get behind it.

It's well worth doing both in my opinion, just for future proofing.

Attachments

• IMG_4661.jpeg
    IMG_4661.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.