Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 new USB C center console data hub from model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And they're ready!
IMG_1764.jpeg

If you're one of those first 6 people (@SageBrush @SK360 @AxlxA @Manksgloob @Adam3 @masterxchief) please private message me with the following info:
Local pickup or shipping
if shipped - address?

And please don't get me wrong I think it's great that others also build the adapters and sell them to interested Tesla drivers or build their own adapters. That's why there are such forums so that we can exchange ideas and help each other. Without the help in the German forum I would not have found the original connections yet and would still drive around with my self-made adapter

At the moment there is unfortunately a considerable delay in shipping from Germany to the USA. You build the adapters for the USA and I for Europe. It's great. Nobody is forced to buy from anyone, all the parts are listed. I just want to offer the possibility that everyone who wants an adapter can get one too :)

I just ordered my parts from Tesla. I only got the front hub (1522264-00-B) and rear hub/vent (1111072-00-E). Was $162 total.
Very easy process too, Tesla has upped there game as far as making it easy to get parts. I just called my local SC and on the automated system pressed 5 for parts department. Was answered immediately, gave him my VIN and the part #s I wanted and he placed the order. Was maybe 3 minutes total.

Also ordered the pieces for making the 2 adapter cables I'll need. Was $29.50 including tax/shipping.

Reactions: PhilippDen
These are the partnumbers for the .75 mm2 pins:
Harness side: 963730-1, TE Connectivity
Hub side: 12034046, Aptiv (formerly Delphi)

And this is a secondary lock for the connection on the hub side. It is not necessary, but the cables sit in the connector without wobbling when the lock is installed.
15324456, Aptiv (formerly Delphi)

LOL - they canceled my appointment yet again. It really doesn't bother me that they are slow at delivering parts. But I think it is hilarious they're unable to figure out when the parts will arrive. I also think it's pretty funny how they word the notification. Hi, we're confirming your appointment is on <different date than what we said last time>.

Screenshot_20200917-124124.png

Screenshot_20200917-123627~2.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200917-124124.png
    Screenshot_20200917-124124.png
    978.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20200917-123627~2.png
    Screenshot_20200917-123627~2.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 30
Could you link to the correct crimping tool you ended up getting. Assuming we are using the same pins at least, below are what I ordered. Using 22awg wire.

I'm using the this crimping tool. $15.99. BTW, You posted about already paying $29.50 for parts to make 2 adapters, but I'll ship two adapters for less than that amount..... It's too late for you to do anything different, but I feel like that might be a cautionary tale to others. I know for me, I couldn't find my crimp tool because it had been 3+ years since I had used it.... It's fun having tools though! And you can do a decent approximation of good crimp with needle nose pliers and a bit of time.

see you grew a little beard there. :p

ive "favorited" your shop, so ill be on board for the next batch if you decide to make more.

Oh the first batch is going to the post office tonight.

Parts for the second batch arrive tomorrow - doing 25 adapters this time so I loaded etsy up with 25 adapters ;-} You can order now and second batch should ship on Monday.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Status
Not open for further replies.