Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 not charging on 120v or 240 v outlet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the group ?

I tried to charge my Tesla at work (240v & 120v outlet) yesterday and today and the car won’t begin the charging process …. I charged here successfully on Monday and for months before with no issue at all. But as of yesterday no luck and receiving this notification (pics attached )

I tried to charge my phone In the 120v outlet and it works so the outlets don’t seem to be the issue ?

I was wondering if anybody else had the happen to them and if you do what was the fix ?

If you can help or not thanks for reading my post lol 🙏🏾

Welcome to TMC. Your post mentions "pics attached" but there are not any pics attached to it.

Perhaps attempt posting the pictures again?

The first question we normally ask in this type of scenario is "did you attempt to charge someplace different, and / or with different charging equipment"?

Reactions: Gasaraki
I can think of two specific issues in my own experience.

In one case one of my cars it turned out that the pin inside the cable head that plugs into the car had shifted slightly and wasn't making proper contact. You could only see if by taking a photo with bright line and zooming in. Tesla mobile service came out and swapped the cable the next day, They confirmed it was the issue and stated it happens sometimes. Never seen it again since two years ago.

In another case I've had it happens at SuperChargers on occasion. It's usually resolved by spray electrical contact cleaner on pins in the cable head and on the car plug. You never know how someone has abused those cables, why kind of dirt they pick up outside, or what filth gets transfers from their car plug to the cable head.

Some parking lots plugs are "Smart" and may be identified if there are small "power lights" on them.. They can limit power output to "900 watts" for example or not put out any power in warm temperatures or only on certain times of day. See Attacted. It does seem odd it did work with your car.

Attachments

• M210-15-0920.pdf
    26.2 KB · Views: 106