Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Not drivable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for posting and following up with photos and status. Hope won’t have something like this happen to our cars but hearing insurance might cover was good to learn. Being out of warranty (assume for mileage) you got really lucky. Hope she’s back up and good as new soon. Now is not a good time to have a car needing parts or total replacement.

Reactions: ewwgaas
Thanks for posting and following up with photos and status. Hope won’t have something like this happen to our cars but not knowing insurance might cover was good to learn they might. Being out of warranty (assume for mileage) you got really lucky. Hope she’s back up and good as new soon. Now is not a good time to have a car needing parts or total replacement.
Biggest hurdle now is waiting on parts, which will probably be more than a month

Is that a standard service? I can’t find it in the scheduled maintenance.
No, not standard. A year ago, got a notification that vehicle needs service, and speed is limited to 25mph, and I was 3 hours from home, was a great drive 🙃

When I brought it in, they said the oil filter needed to be changed, even tho it shouldn't ever be since it lasts forever, basically.

I'm still impressed with the original accident. From the looks of things, something big, nasty, and solid went ka-pow! right through the case of the integrated motor/transmission of the Tesla. I think I'd have trouble doing that with a sledgehammer.
Heck, if the car was an ICE, a bang like that would go straight through an oil pan or the transmission case. Ouch.

Reactions: ewwgaas
Body Shop dropped of the Model 3 at Tesla Service for Motor replacement, after that, Body Shop will finish up the other details. ETA is end of May at the moment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220505-130035.png
    Screenshot_20220505-130035.png
    487.7 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20220505-130052.png
    Screenshot_20220505-130052.png
    307.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Informative
Reactions: XPsionic
wow!, saw your pictures and saw that hole and my first response was " that's not good!" (understatement) :) . glad to know good insurance can cover some thing like that. im going to check my insurance!. you are actually in better shape tesla would have fought with you whether its was an internal or "external " fault . looks like internal But I'm glad insurance just covered it.

Looks like rental car needs to be part of my tesla insurance coverage... every time a repair is required it's months and months eh?

So glad you didn't have to pay out of pocket for this fix!
In the three or so years I've had my M3, it's been in the shop for various reasons. Simple stuff is same-day, or two-day service, pretty much like anybody else. (Was in to mount a tire and replace the loaner wheel with the original, thanks to a road hazard hit last week. Two days after the windshield was replaced after getting hit by a rock, but that, apparently, required some time for the glue to dry and the cameras calibrated.)
The longest time was about a week and a half about six months after getting the car when the pyro fuse went blooey and the pagoda wiring harness had to be replaced. About half of that time was waiting for the diagnostician at the SC to free up; another couple of days for Tesla Engineering in Hawthorne to weigh in; and then another couple of days for parts to show. Initially we had Uber credits, but, once they realized this was going to take time, we ended up with a loaner Model S.
I don't imagine that Tesla Service Centers keep motors and major suspension parts hanging out in the back, no more than a Toyota dealer would keep a bunch of spare ICE engines in the back, either. So, a month isn't that unreasonable for what's going on here.
Yeah, and I've had rental car insurance on my policies for decades now.

Hello Everyone,

I finally received my vehicle. It's honestly so great to be back in it, felt the same as when I picked up the vehicle for the first time.

Anyways, these are all the new parts:
- Motor
- Front Bumper
- Rear Bumper
- Undercarriage
- Axles
- Brake Pads & Discs
- Half shaft

Thank You to all who followed along, it's been a long journey

Attachments

• PXL_20220608_044520903.jpg
    PXL_20220608_044520903.jpg