Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 not updating.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....Has anyone else had a similar issue?
Hardly an "issue" since over 1 in 3 Tesla's are on 35.5. And for someone who just updated a couple of days ago I can confirm only 1 feature and the feature is the Release Notes. So unless you read whatever font that is you are NOT missing anything.

IMG_6775.jpeg
IMG_6739.JPG

I think you need to be connected to wi-fi for some longer period of time rather than intermittently. Tesla needs to see the connection and it might not be polling for it all the time.

Not what I have noticed.

Even if the car is never connected to Wi-Fi, the Tesla App and the center screen will alert you when there is an update due for your car. It knows through the cellular connection. To download the update, it will tell you that have to connect to Wi-Fi.

So to suggest that if you don't connect to Wi-Fi for long periods of time, you won't be queued for an update is incorrect. And this is confirmed from experience because my car had a nasty habit of not being able to connect to Wi-Fi unless I did a reboot, but I would still get notifications to update.

In the case of the OP, he is just not due for an update.

Last edited:
My car has not updated since 2020.48.35.5. I have connected to WiFi several times. Has anyone else had a similar issue?
No one mentioned it, but playing around with the screen in the weekend, I noticed there is a software update preference on the bottom. You can set it to "Advanced" to increase the chances of getting an update.

Last edited:
I think you need to be connected to wi-fi for some longer period of time rather than intermittently. Tesla needs to see the connection and it might not be polling for it all the time.
The car will be notified that it is eligible for a firmware update as long as it is able to connect to Tesla's server either by your home WiFi or the car's built in LTE connection.

The only time that a WiFi connection is required is to download the firmware itself, and there are even exceptions to that rule; if Tesla deems the update urgent, they will push it out over LTE (and have done so in the past).

But the car finding out that there is an update available for it is NOT dependent on being connected to a WiFi network.

No one mentioned it, but playing around with the screen in the weekend, I noticed there is a software update preference on the bottom. You can set it to "Advanced" to increase the chances of getting an update.
Wait, you have been a member since 07 and you just now noticed/found out about the placebo button? :eek::D:D:D

Also if you push it 6 times in a row with one eye closed and then clap you hands 2 times it will start to download the most current update.o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O