Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 (Numeral)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After creating a background tile with the "old" logo, I understand why they change the Model 3 logo to "3" instead of the three bars. The Model 3 logo next to the Tesla logo may not make much sense in other countries, see below.

Well, that and the fact that in that font, it actually reads Tesla E. I can see why Ford might object. Maybe they should have represented the bars vertically like the roman numeral III.

That isn't how the font and emblem were presented. It was shown as Model ≡ and in the same typestyle as seen on the poster of development sketches. Similarly, the posters for Model S and Model X sketches were shown with the exact same style of lettering that appeared on those cars. Please note the three bars logo was a different shape and proportion as compared to the 'E' of the Tesla logo.

And thats not the same?

20170208_191514.png

Different fonts for different cars, folks.

Yes, they are using a different font on the word "Model" but the three bars is in the same font that Tesla uses for the brand name and those 3 bars are the same as the E in Tesla.

Look, I'm sorry that Ford had the rights to Model E but if Tesla plays this game it will only bring on the lawyers, and I'd rather see Tesla spend their time, effort and money on developing the car and not fighting lawsuits.

Yes, they are using a different font on the word "Model" but the three bars is in the same font that Tesla uses for the brand name and those 3 bars are the same as the E in Tesla.

Look, I'm sorry that Ford had the rights to Model E but if Tesla plays this game it will only bring on the lawyers, and I'd rather see Tesla spend their time, effort and money on developing the car and not fighting lawsuits.

Which is why they are using the numeral now.

No. The three bars are different. Look here:
tm1.png

Also, here:
Tesla-Motors.png

See? The 'E' in theTesla logo has thicker bars and a different aspect ratio, width to height. The Model ≡ emblem uses narrower bars and is wider proportionately.

I was given a ride in a model 3 a few weeks ago and the owner somehow got a hold of a original Model 3 emblem which he stuck on his car trunk , which was the three bars for the model 3. Each metal bar of the three bars was about 1 inch across and about 3 or 4 mm tall.

I would love to know where he got that so I can get one for my model 3 also.

Reactions: SageBrush