Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 NZ Insurance Quotes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Company Price Excess Comments (23/9/19)
Youi $1100 600 Lower and higher excesses were possible, at decent cost. Glass excess $50. All done online.
Vero $2,000 ? Recommended by Tesla - see earlier posts. Phone call needed but no fuss.
AA $1350 3100(!) Lowest possible excess was 1100, which doubled the cost.
State $2,700 ? Lots of exclusions and restrictions; special 'Tesla Calculator.' Phone call reqd, ages on hold.
Medical Assurance $2240 2100(!) Pleasant but not a great deal.
Tower (after a time on hold) "We don't insure electric cars". That sounds doubtful

Not a complete comparison, and the prices are approximate.

Just to add - I managed to get cover from Youi for a model 3, value 97k, all done online.
And - just got an email from Youi saying their insurance portfolio is being sold to Tower! Same policy terms and cover will apply.

• Informative
Reactions: CAM3RON
I assumed Youi price was to good to be true, plus the sorry your car is to expensive pop up, after already been given a price o_O
Interesting that you got cover
Most others were in the $2300-$2500 plus range, or bugger off, and take your expensive tree hugging hippy EV somewhere else. We don't want take your filthy money with our exorbitant premiums and policy fine print exclusion legalese...

Vero was the best deal
I went with Vero
Might try calling to see what they say after I've got my car

Don't know if I'd trust Youi after the commerce commission went after them for dodgy dealings

It’s you and Rob’s big day today isn’t it? I hope you enjoy receiving your cars and any trepidation wears off quickly and you have a great time. I’m 1 week in and everything’s amazing....but am still waiting on the Vero policy in the mail.

Yes I'm booked in today
Still doesn't seem real after waiting so long
and spending loads of dosh to finally have access to mysterious shrine that is the Tesla owners lounge.....that part I'll have to see if it was worth the investment :)

Excitement is building!
Glad to hear yours is amazing

I was emailed the Vero policy the same day

I went with youi in the end, as all the other quotes I got were ~2k and youi ~1100. The comcom business did give me pause, but that was about their selling practices, and given the price difference I decided to take the chance. (I've had AA for years and been very happy, but that customer loyalty doesn't stretch to $1k/yr!)

Not sure how I feel about the transfer to tower. On the one hand, they might be less dodgy; on the other, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a huge jump in premium at renewal time. After all, there's a reason I didn't go with tower in the first place...

I went with Youi today as I haven't been able to get a quote out of VERO, I am guessing they are swamped. Youi Fully Comprehensive $500 excess ($60 glass excess), agreed value for the M3 Perf - at $94,200, Listed drivers ONLY being myself and my wife. $1248.00. Next cheapest I could find was my own previous insurer the AA who quoted $1950 with $1500 excess. I had no problem with the high-value thing, when I went for Agreed Value instead of Market Value the website stated the upper limit for insurance was $113,000 which I guess you could hit with a fully spec'd P+.

I went with Youi today as I haven't been able to get a quote out of VERO, I am guessing they are swamped. Youi Fully Comprehensive $500 excess ($60 glass excess), agreed value for the M3 Perf - at $94,200, Listed drivers ONLY being myself and my wife. $1248.00. Next cheapest I could find was my own previous insurer the AA who quoted $1950 with $1500 excess. I had no problem with the high-value thing, when I went for Agreed Value instead of Market Value the website stated the upper limit for insurance was $113,000 which I guess you could hit with a fully spec'd P+.
That's a lot cheaper then Vero anyhow

Just got notified that youi/tower won't renew our policy when it comes up for renewal at the end of next month. Looks like I'm insurance shopping again. Ugh. Anyone getting reasonable quotes anywhere else?
Well that's disappointing
When I was looking for insurance last year Tower wouldn't cover M3 back then either
Vero was around 2k
AA $2380 ouch
NZI I think offer discount for "qualifying" fuel efficient cars
I think AMI and State are POA

I recently was looking for insurance for model 3. Vero wanted 1900$, Amp wanted $1100

amp won’t cover the roof glass specially it will be treated like any non glass damage I think. That’s a bit concerning to me, idk how much damage there would cost, but probably not worrying enough to stop be going with vero/insuremyTesla

I recently was looking for insurance for model 3. Vero wanted 1900$, Amp wanted $1100

amp won’t cover the roof glass specially it will be treated like any non glass damage I think. That’s a bit concerning to me, idk how much damage there would cost, but probably not worrying enough to stop be going with vero/insuremyTesla
AMP was cheaper than Vero when I last looked at insurance
thats interesting I don't think AMP mentioned the roof glass at all