Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 odd sleep / wake behavior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far, I changed my password and then generated new tokens for Teslafi. My tesla app was asking for my new login, so I left it blank and not logged in.

My car slept for 16 hours straight, no problems. So, I was pretty sure it wasn't Teslafi causing the problems. Then I decided to log in to the app and BAM... my car is doing the sleep / wake cycles again.

Its definitely the app in my opinion.

Reactions: Pat.T
So far, I changed my password and then generated new tokens for Teslafi. My tesla app was asking for my new login, so I left it blank and not logged in.

My car slept for 16 hours straight, no problems. So, I was pretty sure it wasn't Teslafi causing the problems. Then I decided to log in to the app and BAM... my car is doing the sleep / wake cycles again.

Its definitely the app in my opinion.
Try turning off calendar access in IOS>Tesla>Tesla app Calendars - Off AND Calendar sync in the Tesla app itself under settings. (per Tesla app folks- not sure if fishing or on to something).

It's definitely the app and possibly configuration issues with some new API endpoints trying to retrieve data that isn't cached. I had the issue but it's stopped shortly after I raised a ticket with Tesla. So my thinking is they cleared or fixed a data issue relating to my car.

IOS 4.13.1 just out. Don’t know if it’s a fix or not.

Success! I installed the iOS app 4.13.1 last night and have no more issues. My car has been sleeping for 12 hours, only waking up to do a scheduled charge and then right back to sleep.

1663423297851.png

Something unique to add. I’m on iOS 4.13.0 and was getting sleep wakes. If I sign out the car sleeps.

However my wife never logged out of her Tesla app and she was on 4.12.0. I’ve asked her to not update and I’m updating to 4.13.1 to see what happens. Maybe it’s something introduced between 4.12.0 and 4.13.1

I di

Ugh now to wait the two weeks till this comes to android. I tried force stopping both apps mine and wifes and it didnt work. Wonder if my problem is something else
You’re the first I’m aware of to mention the alarm issue. Not sure about android app background activity, but you could try removing the app or signing out entirely as a temporary test.

Something unique to add. I’m on iOS 4.13.0 and was getting sleep wakes. If I sign out the car sleeps.

However my wife never logged out of her Tesla app and she was on 4.12.0. I’ve asked her to not update and
You’re the first I’m aware of to mention the alarm issue. Not sure about android app background activity, but you could try removing the app or signing out entirely as a temporary test.
There is another post on here with a few others that had the same problem

Android app still stuck on v4.12.1-1271 (dated Sep 11th).

Above and related thread issues (partially uncovered by people who monitor their 12/15V LVBs, partially those using third-party API data polling apps) appear to be stemming from a combo of:

-recent car software 2022.22/.24/.28.x builds (GUI teams recent fixation on TPMS)
-recent iOS/Android apps v4.12.x (also TPMS fixated)
-interaction between these two
and/or API calls made by third party monitoring apps

Hopefully a mix of 2022.28.x and app v4.13.x does indeed fix things again.