Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 OEM 19in Wheel HUGE Price Increase for 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a quick summary: Tesla increased the part price of the 19in Model 3 wheel from $375 to $650 each and I’m upset about it. I wish I had bought them last year when they were cheaper, but you can say the same thing about TSLA stock. I hope you don’t get a bent wheel.

FYI, I paid $330 per wheel last April at Service Center. Just the bare wheel. I found a huge difference from one service center to another. The much bigger SC had to order them and said it could take many weeks (never got price). The other SC had 3 in stock and said he could get the 4th in a couple days and did. Called me back when it arrived to. It was an impulse purchase, if I had to wait six weeks I’d probably had skipped buying them. I love the OEM 19” wheel though.

I’d try calling a few service centers.

I was gonna suggest buying the 19” snow package and sell off the new snows. But it looks like that might have gone up too. $3500. My Model X 19” snow still shows $2800 (with more expensive tires).

Reactions: JustinO
The $1500 is to upgrade the 18"s to 19"s when you order the car. That is not the same as buying a whole new set of 19" wheels. In your case, you will own two sets of wheels - the 18"s and the 19"s, so of course that will cost more.

Think of it this way - you could pay $2600 for 4 new 19" wheels and then sell your 18"s for $1100 and that would get you back to the $1500 upgrade price.

Tesla has not increased the price of anything - you are just doing an unfair comparison.

I wasn’t talking about the $1500 price upgrade from 18in to 19in when new, I was talking about the Tesla Service Center parts price for the wheels only without tires or TPMS sensors if you wanted to add another set of wheels for winter/summer tires but didn’t want to go with Tesla’s $3500 accessory set due to the tires offered. The old price per wheel of $375 each plus $300 tpms plus $1100 tires installed was $2900 total, actually cheaper than the Tesla accessory price. The new price of $650 per wheel plus $300 tpms plus $1100 tires installed would be $4000+ total, $500 more than Tesla’s accessory set which is already overpriced IMO. The original model 3 19in winter tire package was $2500 vs $1700 for the 18in package a difference of only $800. Tesla releases Model 3 winter wheel and tire packages for $1,700 and $2,500 - Electrek

But since Tesla charges $1500 when ordering a new Model 3 to go from 18in to 19in wheels, they quickly had to increase the 19in accessory wheel packages up to $3500 to justify the $1500 increase in price when new (which is mostly profit). Now they have also increased the service center wheel parts prices which will dissuade anybody from ordering them after the original purchase and significantly increase repair costs (and insurance rates) for current owners with damaged wheels. I ended up ordering a set of take off wheels online (not from Tesla) with nearly new wheels, tires, and TPMS for $2395 and they look great. I would have gladly paid Tesla their old prices $375 per wheel plus $300 TPMS plus $1100 tires installed ($2900 total) to keep that profit going to Tesla, but since they wanted $4000 now, the profit went to somebody else. Not a huge deal, they will likely make up for the lost sales/profit due to the large number of accident damaged Model 3s that will need new replacement wheels which are now significantly more profitable at $650 per wheel vs $375.