Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 OEM subwoofer install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So i recently purchased a model 3 SR+ and when i initially test drove the LR and had the upgraded audio. My question is if i purchase the factory subwoofer and Amp does anybody else know what i would need to hook it up? Wires..etc. I’ve been looking on this forum for options and I’ve seen the hannshow and nvx and both are options so I’m open to those if anyone has them installed but i want a more factory look if possible. Thanks.

My advice would be to not bother with the OEM subwoofer. It's small an underpowered. You'll go through a lot of work and then be disappointed. Put in a quality aftermarket powered sub or seperate sub and amp. Same amount of work an you'll be a lot happier with the end result. You can put it all in the sub truck so it's still hidden.

Reactions: DFW_MVP
Upvote 0
My advice would be to not bother with the OEM subwoofer. It's small an underpowered. You'll go through a lot of work and then be disappointed. Put in a quality aftermarket powered sub or seperate sub and amp. Same amount of work an you'll be a lot happier with the end result. You can put it all in the sub truck so it's still hidden.
Do you have any suggestions?

Upvote 0
I installed the NVX BOOST Kit in my SR+ and I am ABSOLUTELY in love with it. At first I was a little underwhelmed, but then I pulled out the multimeter and did a little tuning while playing test tones. The difference is amazing and I am beyond happy with my purchase. Also, I became a member of the "NVX Only" group on FaceBook and got a discount code when I ordered it.

Upvote 0
Hey todd2fst4u can you also PM me with info on your cable. I'm new and can't send messages yet.
I have Rockford P300-8P powered sub box that I believe will fit and the Hansshow diy cable.
The Hansshow cable for the 2021 SR+ doesn't come with the cable for the rear shelf speakers. I'm not sure where to tap for signal to the sub.
Maybe I need a different cable harness

Reactions: MapledLeif
Upvote 0
Hey todd2fst4u can you also PM me with info on your cable. I'm new and can't send messages yet.
I have Rockford P300-8P powered sub box that I believe will fit and the Hansshow diy cable.
The Hansshow cable for the 2021 SR+ doesn't come with the cable for the rear shelf speakers. I'm not sure where to tap for signal to the sub.
Maybe I need a different cable harness
I tapped into the door woofers and ran the signal back to my sub.

Upvote 0
Did you tap into the door woofers at the connectors in the footwells? If so, what colour are the wires?
I‘d much prefer to tap at the Hansshow connector that plugs into the stock amp, but I can find a pin-out anywhere.
I used the Tesla Offer harness and it came with wires tapped into the door woofer feed. I'll try and find the pin out to show you which ones they are.

Upvote 0
Here's a post that shows which ones. Tap into the Hansshow harness so that you're not messing with the Tesla wiring. Hansshow Audio Upgrade? (SR+)
Thanks, i've seen that diagram around, but it doesn't seem to match what I can see in this video of the 2021 harness here:

I'm hoping the wire colours may be consistent all the way through and I can trace back from the wire colours identified in the footwells here:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.