Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 on the Nurburgring vs. Taycan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah but how much for an all electric lap at sub 8 minutes? ;)
I don't know, Misha said he will buy one for himself. Maybe he will use it as a taxi as well :)

But gt2rs mr is 450K$ production car record holder and for 350$ it will be driven by somebody who actually can do that 6:40 time. They can't return car initial and maintenance cost - it's used for marketing purposes, so it's a steal price.

VW ID.R electric prototype spent 25kWh on the Ring - roughly the same as Misha spent with my car, but they made 6:05 time with 0.5x weight, 1.3x power, 2.5x corner acceleration from a much higher downforce. With gearbox it probably can beat absolute record of 5:19. But you can't ride it - single seater.

Another fun fact about the Ring - since it's a public road you can only use dot tires, it's prohibited to race and helmets are not required.

page_10544193-6f01bc1cdb2f35c36367687b29d7f0a5.jpg

Springs are too soft for Misha and no seat belts is uncomfortable for me at 1.6g. Rest of photos are here racetracker.de - weitere Bilder zu Bild Nummer: 10544193

Mud flaps do not survive it well.
PSX_20200907_175135.jpg

Video is still preparing.

Looks like UPP sway bar bushings at the front got broken again. Checked everything else, but any smal bumps now make a lot of small thuds even louder than before :(

It's not yet the fact, but it will be really sad if stock sway bar will be silent.

Video still preparing.

Looks like UPP sway bar bushings at the front got broken again. Checked everything else, but any smal bumps now make a lot of small thuds even louder than before :(

It's not yet the fact, but it will be really sad if stock sway bar will be silent.

Video still preparing.
Change back to stock sway bar - its not about it. Something else. No idea now...

Reactions: TwoK4drSi
Found out what was banging at the left side after the Ring. It wasnt sway bar which I've changed back to stock. But it was RB floating brake disc which got all bolts loosen. They were all torqued to 9 lbft before and this time they all started to rotate at 4. That fixed an issue, but I think I have more and more reason to abandon those brakes.

They did survive beating with 0 regen, but botls backing off from special patented lock nuts just like that??

Reactions: Vines
Found out what was banging at the left side after the Ring. It wasnt sway bar which I've changed back to stock. But it was RB floating brake disc which got all bolts loosen. They were all torqued to 9 lbft before and this time they all started to rotate at 4. That fixed an issue, but I think I have more and more reason to abandon those brakes.

They did survive beating with 0 regen, but botls backing off from special patented lock nuts just like that??

I installed these today. Pretty sure they won't have that problem.

IMG_20200912_150007.jpg

Misha is crazy. He said no need helmet since he won't run it fast. Video will be later. Based on stopwatch we made below 8 minutes.

RB 6 pot survived whole track. We had no yellow flags, so it was proper trashing of car. It took 1/3 of XT970 pads - they held well, but they clearly not high temp ones. Unfortunately we did not do any cooling run afterwards and SRF fluid boiled while we were standing for the next lap. I cut 3/4 of heat shields on brake rotors.

We made hot lap with 0 regen -10 stability 70-30 split. Tires warmed up from 28 psi up to 37 psi, so 275 is not large enough for CUP2 on the ring. At last 20% grip was going down.

I have 107mm clearance and we were scrapping bottom and tires were touching arms.

Motors and invertors didn't overheat. Unfortunately I think I don't have logs since I forgot to push start on a track mode :(

Battery overheated at 80% of the lap. That one lap was 90->50% battery charge. This is not Sebastian video lap where he spent only 20% per lap. Much later than stock.

Turning off regen 100% works.

But to run out whole battery non stop we need to rework active shutter box radiators. Brake pads must be high temp and fluid will be boiled SRF or not - need to make brake scoops or ducts.

MPP/KW springs are too soft for CUP2 tires, should be like 120-140 kg, but it will be harsh for the road.

View attachment 585051 View attachment 585052 View attachment 585053
Seems we have the video now...
3:16 bridge, 11:30 gantry. Still yet to break 8 minutes.

Also want to know which 4 point harness you are using.

Last edited: