Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 on YCW Aeries One way adjustment Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model 3 has few options on coilovers and suspension technology now compared to last year with affordable price range. We have UP, MPP and Redwood with KWs and Ohlins and they maybe great but not for the wallets haha.

So I decided to search for some decent suspension without breaking the bank and with quality suspension springs, dampers and spring rates.

Enter YCW coilovers with right price and parts. They are not new to making coilovers, have seen them used in BMWs with some great reviews.

Got these ordered for my Model 3 and took few weeks to arrive with suspension coming from APAC and springs from Swift USA. The spring rates are 6K front and 8K rear and I ordered the one way rebound adjustable series. Fronts are 16 clicks and rears are 32 clicks.

Also the damper valving curve, motion ratio can be customized to your specification along with different spring rates. I went with valving curve for more comfortable ride damper adjustments since compression is not adjustable with my coilovers.

Ride is pretty good for spirited driving now and body roll reduced on corners. Ride comfort is pretty close to stock at low speed bumps but high speed bumps eliminates the rear not gripping after hitting bumps feel. When you accelerate and merge with stock on freeways I had an unsettled rear feel on stock which is eliminated with these and car is more grippy. They use linear Straight springs for rear. I have set it to front 12 clicks to stiff and rear 20 clicks to stiff. For anyone looking for sporty ride this is better than stock at areas mentioned above. Also you will feel freeway lines/cracks bit more due to higher spring rate than stock. I reduced from 45psi to 42psi that solved bit of that feel.

If you are looking for Lexus kind comfort ride and don’t care about ride quality this is not the option. You need air suspension with air settings on suspension around 80psi, smooth and comfortable but sportiness of model 3 will be lost.

Custom Coilover Kits - YCW Suspension %

contact Michael Yip for more details [email protected]

My drop is about .75inch all around.
F8AE9311-1EC9-47E4-BCCE-DD719136BA44.jpeg
7C0FD86C-4811-46F5-A476-B7F4691745E2.jpeg
09C8F63F-CB26-4F21-A551-AD9163206FCC.jpeg

Sorry for all the questions but this is very intriguing and I'm heavily involved in chassis dynamics. Where did they ship from UK or USA? Is there a USA Importer? I see there are several options which can add up and get quite expensive. Did you take a pic of your dampers before installation? I'd really like to see the mounting brackets and uppermounts. I definitely want to get details on stroke and what not.

Sorry I didn’t take pictures as I didn’t do the install. I went with one way rebound adjustable so it’s the cheapest option. It came assembled from Hong Kong I think and springs came from Swift USA. Installer had to remove the bottom mount of front shocks to add the springs. You can email Michael at mfactory if you need more information

Thanks for sharing this info and your feedback. Just wanted to point out that you are lowered considerably more than 0.75", though. Looks more like 1.25-1.5" in the front and 1.5" in the rear. Looking great!

That effect is due to higher than stock sidewall tires. I have 255/40/19 tires which are about .7” taller than stock. You’re right about front is bit high, I fixed it after taking this picture and before alignment.