Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Options Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No power seats on the base version? Surely that is a misprint.

So if you forego the autopilot at POS, can you still enable later?
Is there a cruise control standard without Autopilot?

Yeah I"m also curious if I don't get any version of Cruise Control if I don't buy an AP features? Did anyone with a model S do it without any AP? If you did you get a basic CC or nothing at all?

Yeah it seems like you almost have to get the 5k interior upgrade package if not you're neutering the interior - one that was already spartain to begin with.

I agree. The upgrade price for the battery provides a massive boost in range, and all options that would be affected by the size of the 3 vs the S are cheaper. The AP is the same price, which makes perfect sense because the hardware is the same and the software development wouldn't be any cheaper than an S or an X.

I think the AP price is pretty bad considering the volume that we're now going to be talking about. I'm guessing the price will go down after the incentives run out. With folks getting the same AP I paid for cheaper and the same battery I paid for much much cheaper by not buying upfront, I wouldn't think anyone in the know would buy any of the software enabled features up front. Especially with a lot of the AP2 stuff not working yet.

Reactions: LargeHamCollider
The above is infinitely more informative, than the reveal. I was so excited throughout the earlier portions of the reveal (part 3), and yet so disappointed in the complete absence of information relating to the interior.

May I ask the source of your info?

And by the way thank you for your contribution.

Scannerman

Press Kit | Tesla

• Funny
Reactions: Frankman60
surely there will be a homelink option somehow. My 2005 Prius and 2012 Leaf both have homelink rear view mirrors and I love not having to those stupid garage door openers with their disposable batteries.

Its becoming a trend to not include it I have noticed. The Bolt omitted Homelink as well when my Volt had it. I think companies don't want to pay the fees to license the tech. My Mom's brand new Buick Encore doesn't have it either.

On the S specs its specifically spelled out as GPS enabled Homelink, so the omission in the 3 specs is interesting.

From my POV, the $5,000 AP buys lane keep assist (LKA) and dynamic cruise control (ACC). That is expensive when compared to my Prius Prime (free) but about on par with the Germans. Most importantly though, it buys the promise of future FSD for a couple thousand more. I'm willing to subsidize AP development, and nowadays I consider ACC and LKA essential safety features. Expensive, but OK

Premium package: everybody is going to find something to dislike -- that is the nature of packages. For me the glass roof is an extravagance I really want, and the cold weather package, while not mandatory, makes the car a lot more pleasant in Colorado winters. My only real teeth grinding is being forced into plastic upholstery. I'll have to hope my wife does not nix the entire car because of it; or even worse, make snippy remarks every time she is in the car.

The base car: Easily matches my expectations

This car could've been so much more. I truly believe that Tesla have made a huge mistake in not updating the Model S first to at least 120kw battery with the new battery format prior to this cars release because it prevents the lower end model being more than it could otherwise overshadowing the top end sales and killing it in its tracks.