Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Options Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, if you want a D model you'll only get 1/2 or 1/4 incentive. Bummer.
All I wanted was a D with largest battery pack for my wife.
AND you have to wait a whole another yr for it when you waited in line???? Jeez.
Also what is the thing you got for waiting in line???? No mention at all about that.
Glad I didn't stay up to watch that last night.

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
As a first day 2x reservation holder and owner who wants Dual motor most likely get the first run RWD big battery model so I can have it by Dec 2017 and take the full tax incentive.

A bit disappointed that my 2nd deposit placed at the same time looks to be back of the line as I would have kept the second $1k or purchased more tsla shares.

Questions I have:
- Roof Rack- Will there be mounts like the S?
- Back seat dimension - Width door card to door card? Need to verify my 3 diano radian rxt will fit like they do in my S and other cars.

This is exciting!

Roof rack for you
IMG_0751.JPG
As a first day 2x reservation holder and owner who wants Dual motor most likely get the first run RWD big battery model so I can have it by Dec 2017 and take the full tax incentive.

A bit disappointed that my 2nd deposit placed at the same time looks to be back of the line as I would have kept the second $1k or purchased more tsla shares.

Questions I have:
- Roof Rack- Will there be mounts like the S?
- Back seat dimension - Width door card to door card? Need to verify my 3 diano radian rxt will fit like they do in my S and other cars.

This is exciting!

I think you get the essence of the car in a dog fur cleanable (Tesla Network Suitable) configuration with these choices:

Color: Black with tan accents if available.
Options: Apply the paint money to a Katzkin leather interior in tan or with tan inserts (if Katzkin decides to support the Model 3). I think the leather kits are $700? And some elbow grease.

Maybe Tesla and Katzkin will get together and do a Black and Tan Special Edition, to save the elbow grease.

With destination and tax credits you end up with a really nice car for less than $30K.

And that's bullshit.

I personally think Electrek is just using current paint/price options in their article and don't actually *know* that it will only be black. I would have expected Tesla to offer base white as a free paint option now that the 3 is being produced. NOBODY only offers black as a "free" paint option.
Just about every premium euro car company only offers non metallic paint as a no cost option. All other types of paint are a paid option.

• Disagree
Reactions: AZ-3 and alseTrick
with such an efficient car the question is whether AWD is worth it to get more range. Will it even have much of an effect?
It really depends on how the AWD is configured. If the two AWD motors are smaller than the RWD motor, there is a good possibility that it will have the same 25% increase in real world range on the highway that the Model S has. If the rear motor is the same on both the RWD and AWD cars the difference will be much smaller.

So, if you want a D model you'll only get 1/2 or 1/4 incentive. Bummer.
All I wanted was a D with largest battery pack for my wife.
AND you have to wait a whole another yr for it when you waited in line???? Jeez.
Also what is the thing you got for waiting in line???? No mention at all about that.
Glad I didn't stay up to watch that last night.
I got a lot of disagrees when I said that line waiters would get "nothing". He mentioned line waiters last night and said that he was "appreciative of them". That's it.

That earlier promise to line waiters turns out to be nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Just about every premium euro car company only offers non metallic paint as a no cost option. All other types of paint are a paid option.

Yes, I have an alpine white with tan leather interior BMW non-metalic and it is great!

Tesla is making a logical mistake in how they are pricing the options.

Tesla fails if they sell the same number of cars as BMW sells 3 series. They seemed to have just mapped the price schedule from BMW over to the Model 3. The number of people with the money to support that sales strategy is not enough for Tesla to be successful in their stated goal. Even with BMW the first two colors are included. After that all colors are $700.

I don't understand why Elon is inviting competition the same way Ford did.

Screen Shot 2017-07-29 at 7.47.27 AM.png

There are a ton of things I just don't understand about the Model 3. However - I can't configure one anyway.....so - Who really cares?

Hoping those estimated delivery dates are going to be for the worst case. By late 2018, there will be a few offerings from Kia/Hyundai, possibly Honda and announcement from Toyota. If those dates get pushed further off, I would expect some reservation cancellations.

I know the Tesla will be better in handling that any of those and will have fancy auto pilot features but I usually drive in a straight line anyway except when city driving.