Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Order and Scheduled Delivery In A Week - Normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Model 3 AWD, Pearl White, Enhanced AP on Tuesday and just received a text that I am tentatively scheduled for delivery next Tuesday.

7 day end to end turnaround time seems insanely fast, especially with all the threads about waiting.

Maybe they matched me to an inventory car? Maybe it's because I near live in the Bay Area?

Should I be alarmed because this is "too good to be true"?

Ordered a Model 3 AWD, Pearl White, Enhanced AP on Tuesday and just received a text that I am tentatively scheduled for delivery next Tuesday.

7 day end to end turnaround time seems insanely fast, especially with all the threads about waiting.

Maybe they matched me to an inventory car? Maybe it's because I near live in the Bay Area?

No need to be alarmed. I got mine that fast in the beginning of december. Now, if you wanted a Mid range model, might have had to wait a "little". It is likely an inventory car, but thats not an issue. Just ask them what the manufacture or "birthday" of the vin you have been assigned is. Its likely it was made in december.

• Informative
Reactions: Dre78
You are in yet another "new normal" The demand for the LR RWD, the AWD, and the MR RWD seem to have been met. At this point, the majority of the cars are headed overseas. I suspect that there's an inventory in the US and that's what you are picking from.

The only line in the US, is, I believe, the SR and non-premium cars.

I ordered my Performance in mid-December, it was delivered in about 10 days. It was definitely an inventory car, because the sales rep searched for it on-line while I was with her (they had to deactivate the EAP because I didn’t want it).

Strangely enough, the birth date was August 2018. So where was this car for 4 months (30 miles on the odometer)? Showroom? I looked over the interior very carefully and couldn't find any sign of wear whatsoever.

I got my LR RWD in 2 days. Walked into a dealership 12/29, test drove, ordered and picked up 12/31 to qualify for full federal tax credit. I did have an open reservation from I think July but had no prior contact other than emails from Tesla saying I could order, I got the impression that they had inventory in stock in NJ. Bought the it without AP but I could see from the car sticker that it was originally built with it.

I got my LR RWD in 2 days. Walked into a dealership 12/29, test drove, ordered and picked up 12/31 to qualify for full federal tax credit. I did have an open reservation from I think July but had no prior contact other than emails from Tesla saying I could order, I got the impression that they had inventory in stock in NJ. Bought the it without AP but I could see from the car sticker that it was originally built with it.

What VIN? I don't think they've built the LR RWD versions in months.

Attachments

• CC6C0962-F64E-4BBF-B8F8-B659DB8199CD.jpeg
    CC6C0962-F64E-4BBF-B8F8-B659DB8199CD.jpeg
    435.7 KB · Views: 117
What VIN? I don't think they've built the LR RWD versions in months.

My friend ordered and picked up his in December. LR with white interior.

When I was looking at options in mid-December, my Client Advisor looked at available inventory and there was a handful of LR RWD around the country that I could have chosen from. So that time frame is possible. I didn't check VIN or Production date and I'm glad I went with the AWD.

Why did yours take so long? I got mine in four days! Mine is Blue, AWD, LR. Black inside.

I also thought something was wrong, but the email showed my VIN number and all. And the Email told me to pick it up on a Sunday in Rocklin, CA. And the place was packed with others picking up their Teslas. This was on Oct 14, 2018.

On line, it said it would take from one to four months. Not a word about 4 days even being possible.

If you see a VIN number in your e-mail, it's waiting for you.

-Don- Reno, NV

When I was looking at options in mid-December, my Client Advisor looked at available inventory and there was a handful of LR RWD around the country that I could have chosen from. So that time frame is possible. I didn't check VIN or Production date and I'm glad I went with the AWD.

My point wasn't that there weren't VINs available, my point was that they were probably older VINs from before production switched almost completely over to AWD.