Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im confused. theres all this talk about how they build for east coast deliveries first and cal residents last but it seems like a lot of cal residents are getting their vins. anyone know whats going oN?
Yes, Tesla might know. All of the theories about east and west coast vins are really neat but remember you ordered the car from Tesla, not this forum.
I still don't have a vin if that makes the theory hold for you.

So many factors. The cars they’re building now and for the next 2 weeks are mostly for the East. Elon confirmed this. However, I’m sure if somebody lives elsewhere and has had a car on order since October or November, they’re going to assign it to them first. Also, they build hundreds of thousands of these cars. Remember, we’re reading about the experiences of just those who post here.

Now back to waiting for my VIN LOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: ofcorona
im confused. theres all this talk about how they build for east coast deliveries first and cal residents last but it seems like a lot of cal residents are getting their vins. anyone know whats going oN?

I haven't read that many SoCal deliveries yet. The one I read was early January and some were December. I am sure any socal deliveries that were placed in February will get in March.

Here we go!!!

giphy-7.gif

Ordered sr+, 19 in, black int, no FSD on Jan 19 with an initial delivery time of 8 - 10 weeks

1st text Jan 23: Delivery update 3 - 8 weeks
2nd text Feb 6: Delivery update 2 -5 weeks
3rd text Feb 13: Model 3 to be built in two weeks

Today vin in source.

Im guessing if you received the built in two weeks text, you should see you vin in source very soon.