Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prob a good chance we will be getting our M3's close to same time. I ordered 1-13 White/black P3D, live in UT. Just checked source, no VIN yet.
Fingers crossed that it's soon! No VIN for me either. I've been obsessively checking far more than I probably should. I've got a blue/black that'll be delivered into Portland - so I'd agree, they'll likely be doing Utah & Oregon around the same time for the P3D's.

Fingers crossed that it's soon! No VIN for me either. I've been obsessively checking far more than I probably should. I've got a blue/black that'll be delivered into Portland - so I'd agree, they'll likely be doing Utah & Oregon around the same time for the P3D's.
I was doing the same thing......just about every time I had a chance. It would be kind of nice to know if there's a specific time of day they assign VINs. Since mine showed up on a Sunday, it doesn't seem to be a manual process.

I was doing the same thing......just about every time I had a chance. It would be kind of nice to know if there's a specific time of day they assign VINs. Since mine showed up on a Sunday, it doesn't seem to be a manual process.

If it's not automated, then these two are assigning VINs...

shocked-grandparents-skeletons-750.jpg

Part of me thinks it would be nice to get a text that says "Hey, Tesla here. I know, you haven't heard a peep from us since you ordered. Don't worry! We didn't forget you!"

Then I go to my account and it clearly states:

Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

Had I never stumbled upon this forum with spreadsheets, source code, VIN tracker plug-ins, etc., I'd probable just set a weekly iCal to call my SA for an update and be happy.

Reactions: Imaginathan
Part of me thinks it would be nice to get a text that says "Hey, Tesla here. I know, you haven't heard a peep from us since you ordered. Don't worry! We didn't forget you!"

Then I go to my account and it clearly states:

Next Steps

We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.

Had I never stumbled upon this forum with spreadsheets, source code, VIN tracker plug-ins, etc., I'd probable just set a weekly iCal to call my SA for an update and be happy.
I’m pretty sure I’ve driven my SA crazy by now, who also seems to be in the dark on lots of things. A message now and again would be nice though, you’re right

Reactions: ofcorona