Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK... so I keep getting conflicting messages about changing my order to include 19" wheel option.
  1. SA said "you're very close to delivery so make the change ASAP, won't change delivery time"
  2. Called another sales location and was told "you haven't been matched to a car but there's no way to tell if the change will delay your delivery until we make the change"
  3. Called my sales location and chose the "change your configuration" option. Person at Santana Row showroom put me on hold and said "The cars are built in batches and you should be receiving a delivery confirmation message in the next 24 hours. If you add the wheels now, your delivery will be delayed until late March - Mid April. I'm sure something can be worked out at the delivery to swap wheels"
I'm assuming #3 is the most accurate? Afraid to call another person at this point.

OK... so I keep getting conflicting messages about changing my order to include 19" wheel option.
  1. SA said "you're very close to delivery so make the change ASAP, won't change delivery time"
  2. Called another sales location and was told "you haven't been matched to a car but there's no way to tell if the change will delay your delivery until we make the change"
  3. Called my sales location and chose the "change your configuration" option. Person at Santana Row showroom put me on hold and said "The cars are built in batches and you should be receiving a delivery confirmation message in the next 24 hours. If you add the wheels now, your delivery will be delayed until late March - Mid April. I'm sure something can be worked out at the delivery to swap wheels"
I'm assuming #3 is the most accurate? Afraid to call another person at this point.

i feel #3 is more reasonable. First two looks like the run around.

• Helpful
Reactions: jmatero
So I called the Santana Row location again and pressed the options for Deliveries>Modify Your Configuration. Spoke to a configuration person and SAs do not have access any greater than we do so what we see is what they see. So I asked if they have access my SA doesn't regarding delivery and she confirmed yes. She pulled up my reservation number and said "your estimated delivery is within a week. If you change it now, there will be a delay in your order." She explained that before it even appears in the code, the delivery team is notified and they reach out offering 3 choices of dates. That would explain why some folks report no VIN in code and no account page updates, but they get a delivery notification. So, I'm going to stick with the Aero wheels because I don't want to even RISK ending up the "ordered in November and still waiting in March" club.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Ordered Red LR-AWD on 1/30/2020
Message on 2/06 : 3 - 6 weeks.
Message on 2/13 : 2 - 6 weeks.
Message on 2/24 : 2 - 5 weeks.

No updates after that. Sold my car too. This wait is testing patience!
Meanwhile, if you order today, it says 2-4 weeks on the site. My 2/24 message was 4-6 weeks. Did they tell you home delivery? They picked it for me by default but apparently once you get the delivery notification, you can call and specify Fremont pickup.

I have a delivery date, 3/14, but have no SA? Do I just call the dealership? I have some questions but don’t know who to call specifically.

Just call the dealer cause sometimes your car will be there and you could pick up earlier. That is what I'm hoping for too. I'm going to text my adviser to let him know I get my loan check tomorrow. My delivery right now is on 3-13-20, but I hope I could pick it up earlier than that. Crossing my fingers.

Do orders with white seats take longer to build? I compared to orders around my area and the only difference that I see is that most people have White Ext/Black Int, and they already got their cars delivered.

Not necessary. I think white interior batches are put to last. Someone in LR waiting room got his VIN and his config was Red/ White, so it really depends on batch. Ours batch hasn't been done. All M3P White / White have not got VIN via M3P waiting room & Spreadsheet.

• Helpful
Reactions: CheddarChiz
Not necessary. I think white interior batches are put to last. Someone in LR waiting room got his VIN and his config was Red/ White, so it really depends on batch. Ours batch hasn't been done. All M3P White / White have not got VIN via M3P waiting room & Spreadsheet.

I see. It does make sense for them to batch it by color combination rather than make orders per order destination.

Reactions: ofcorona