Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, just called and learned my car is scheduled to roll off the line in 3 days, with delivery in 4-5 days. (Still no VIN in code or delivery notification mind you). They said if I change the order to 19" wheels, delivery would probably move to mid-March, because cars are built in batches so I'd move to the SR+/white/white/19" line. That said, I made the change. Better to get exactly what you want and wait a bit longer than regret it.

Reactions: ofcorona
Well, just called and learned my car is scheduled to roll off the line in 3 days, with delivery in 4-5 days. (Still no VIN in code or delivery notification mind you). They said if I change the order to 19" wheels, delivery would probably move to mid-March, because cars are built in batches so I'd move to the SR+/white/white/19" line. That said, I made the change. Better to get exactly what you want and wait a bit longer than regret it.

You must have a cool DC then. I called mine yesterday and they said if you have no VIN, we can't do anything.

• Funny
Reactions: lUtriaNt
You must have a cool DC then. I called mine yesterday and they said if you have no VIN, we can't do anything.
Didn't go through the DC. Instead chose "delivery" option on the phone and "Change Configuration" and that team has access to much more info. At the end of the call, he said "I'll let your SA know about the change for you. You'll see it in your account within the hour"

We'll see!

I called to see if there was any update to my 3/14 delivery and the SA said she could go into the cars GPS to see the exact location. After a few minutes of trying she wasn't able to "wake up" the car as it had been asleep for 7 hours and I could try calling back later. I just thought that was really cool.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dimevivo
Just curious...what's the longest you guys have waited from VIN in source to when you got an assigned delivery date? I got my VIN in source on 2/29, but nothing else has changed.

The service center my car will be delivered to almost never picks up the phone, so I called another local center yesterday. A SA there pulled up my order, verified my VIN was indeed assigned, and told me that my car is being loaded on a trailer to be delivered and that I should get an assigned delivery date "by tomorrow, the latest."

Still, nothing. No MVPA, either.

1/30, M3P, White, Black, 20", FSD, Atlanta.

• Informative
Just curious...what's the longest you guys have waited from VIN in source to when you got an assigned delivery date? I got my VIN in source on 2/29, but nothing else has changed.

The service center my car will be delivered to almost never picks up the phone, so I called another local center yesterday. A SA there pulled up my order, verified my VIN was indeed assigned, and told me that my car is being loaded on a trailer to be delivered and that I should get an assigned delivery date "by tomorrow, the latest."

for me it was the next day

I’m wondering what the chances are of them calling a few days earlier than that and saying it’s ready . That would be so nice, I’ve seen a ton of people that end up getting it before their scheduled delivery
Would love that as well. I emailed my advisor but haven't heard back. Was curious if he could see where the car was and when it should arrive to the delivery center.

Reactions: Jccope64
Have them make a note in your account to contact you if it comes in sooner. When I called my DC they said they had an estimated arrival date but it wasn't assigned to a carrier yet, and that meant it could come in later than the estimated date. The next day they contacted me and said it would arrive 1 day earlier and I could pick it up earlier. It ends up coming down to the Logistics team.

Passing this on as I haven’t seen it mentioned here. If you selected Tesla Financing but find a lower rate elsewhere, Tesla will not adjust their rate, but will refund you the difference in total interest paid over the term of the loan (according to my SA today).

Unless your lender can cut a check in 1-3 days, (not business days), it may be better to keep the Tesla Loan because with the end of quarter rush, they will NOT hold your car.

My only concern with the rate match is actually getting the check. I mean, once I drive away, who do I call to follow up? Heck it took a month to hear back from sales on a problem with my store order. What would you do? Has anyone done the price match and received a check?

Last edited:

I configured mine on Feb 13 nite, saw VIN in source 3/4, Made a down payment and got MVPA. Even though I dont see VIN on the account, its listed in the MVPA. My friend told me that once VIN is assigned it takes around 4 days to assemble the car and 2 days to ship from Fremont to So Cal. I am expecting my delivery by 3/12 or 3/13.

• Informative
I configured mine on Feb 13 nite, saw VIN in source 3/4, Made a down payment and got MVPA. Even though I dont see VIN on the account, its listed in the MVPA. My friend told me that once VIN is assigned it takes around 4 days to assemble the car and 2 days to ship from Fremont to So Cal. I am expecting my delivery by 3/12 or 3/13.
Seems right. I was assigned a vin 2/29. Delivery text 3/1 and earliest I could pick up was 3/6. Chose 3/7 though for convenience