Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, I ordered a M3LR last night and going to Carmax/Honda to see if they can match or exceed Carvana's offer for my dad's Accord
If Carmax beats Carvana, take your Carmax quote straight to Bidlane and they’ll beat that by $300-$1000. I took my vehicle to Carmax and went straight to Bidlane, originally only offered 500$ more but I was looking to get $1000, so they ended up taking it for $1,000 more since they wanted the vehicle on the spot!

If Carmax beats Carvana, take your Carmax quote straight to Bidlane and they’ll beat that by $300-$1000. I took my vehicle to Carmax and went straight to Bidlane, originally only offered 500$ more but I was looking to get $1000, so they ended up taking it for $1,000 more since they wanted the vehicle on the spot!
Unfortunately, Carmax came in $670 below Carvana, and Vroom was even lower, so ended up going with Carvana. Pretty quick and easy process.

Reactions: HarpoonS
Carvana beat the Carmax offer by over $4k, you think its worth trying bidlane?

Damn, my Carvana offer was lower so it’s interesting how they price everything. it was a 2020 M3LR I sold, but it doesn’t hurt to take your Carvana offer to them and sell it through Bidlane, they could beat it by $250-1000 depending on the vehicle.
We've mentioned this before, but the Carvana algorithm is allegedly heavily inventory-biased. So, if they've got a lot of a certain model, the offer will be much lower. If they need Model S for example, they will overpay by a lot. They also allegedly own the bank that they use for their financing, so they can make up that margin over time with the business side of loans/banking, which allows them to overpay in other cases as well. Even our EV dealers recalibrate their offer prices every few days, as the market is pretty dynamic. Doesn't hurt to get an offer from everyone and see who's the best at the time.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
My OD was 01/07 for MSM/White/aero/no fsd
EDD was 02/22 - 03/22

Change configuration on 01/31 to BLACK/White/aero/no fsd
EDD stayed the same 02/22 - 03/22

Received VIN 177xxx this morning with EDD of 02/25 - 03/01

I assumed that I would have to wait longer to get the VIN since I changed configuration on 01/31/22…. My order date was even revised to 01/31 but the RN stayed the same. Anyway, I am pleasantly surprised that I, apparently, did not have to start the time clock over.

Reactions: Blackfish
Scanning through the thread I don't see a clear instruction:
Should the 'Delivery Date' be set to the end of the EDD window supplied by Tesla, or should it only be the date the car is picked up?
It might be nice to get a sense of how EDDs line up with Actual Delivery Dates

Please excuse multiple postings. I have performed a basic analysis of Troy Teslike's Spreadsheet data. I believe it may be of interest to many.

Please review. I look forward to receiving feedback. Thank you!

Unfortunately the table in the APPENDIX is not very readable. The original analysis was carried out using RMarkdown in html. I used an online program to convert html to pdf format so I could share this analysis. On the whole the conversion was successful with exception of the last table.

Attachments

• An Analysis of Troy Teslike’s Spreadsheet Data.pdf
    487.7 KB · Views: 242
Please excuse multiple postings. I have performed a basic analysis of Troy Teslike's Spreadsheet data. I believe it may be of interest to many.

Please review. I look forward to receiving feedback. Thank you!

Unfortunately the table in the APPENDIX is not very readable. The original analysis was carried out using RMarkdown in html. I used an online program to convert html to pdf format so I could share this analysis. On the whole the conversion was successful with exception of the last table.
This is great, thanks for doing this! Only other thing I'd be interested in seeing is wait time (delivery date - order date) by model 3 trim type.