Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the 'delivery experience' for my survey won't be a high rating. I showed up, as scheduled and communicated by the advisor, at noon. He informed us that the car was in service because of a seatbelt warning, and that they couldn't let it go because it was a safety issue. Estimated time to fix would be 1.5hrs + a software update. 4 hours later, they were still 'working' and I got a loaner to take home (did I mention that we live 3 hours away and I took a day off work for this!?). They're planning to do a home delivery and swap for the loaner. I'm bummed about it, as I'd like to put the first miles on the car, but it's tough to take another 6 hours out of a day with two kids around.

The car has been there since Sunday, and I guess immediately prior to delivery they decided it was time to prep the thing. They hadn't even gone down the delivery checklist yet.

The upside is the loaner was an S 100D. What an absurdly fast car. With plenty of 'hammer it' takeoffs and passes, I still averaged close to rated wh/mile for the 3hr trip home. That gives me some confidence in my range choice.
Brutal! I've encouraged many people to no-show their delivery appointment date for lots of reasons (sometimes the car just doesn't make it to the delivery center at all, let alone an issue like the one yours experienced), particularly if the delivery center is far away. No-showing puts the onus on Tesla locally to have your car prepped and ready and then to come find you to hand over your money. In my opinion, Tesla has earned this approach from its customers, given how many have had trouble receiving the car in proper condition at the date/time summoned to the delivery center by Tesla. We are out of delivery hell, so there's not risk of Tesla selling your car to the next guy to walk into the delivery center if you're not around at the appointed hour.

Got my vin # and estimated home delivery date. I'm in Queens, NY. They assigned me home delivery, but I'd like to pick up the car instead. From what I read it's a better option. How do I arrange that?. Also anyone have a check list of major flaws to be on the lookout for?

I’m curious if anyone that has ordered a white interior version has gotten their car this year? Seems like the white interior versions across the board aren’t seeing much movement minus whatever is in inventory

Ordered white on white on the 5th. Got a VIN today for Monday delivery, but it's a 2018 car. They weren't offering any discount, but strangely offered a white/black 2019 with a discount. I told them I'd wait for a 2019 in my configuration.

I ordered LR AWD White, White Interior, AP (March 18) however I was assigned a 2018 Model Year (based on VIN). I haven't discussed with them on the phone yet, but I would much rather get a MY2019. What discounts are some of you receiving if you were to take a MY2018 vehicle?

First time posting. I order a performance on the 17th and got a 2019 VIN. Unfortunately, they set me up with a home delivery as well. I called trying to change it but they said the center is too small so they only let people out of state take delivery at their facilities. My delivery date was supposed to be today but it got postponed due to delays. Is there any way to track the location of your order? Any tips on taking delivery? I found a checklist but not sure how accurate or good it is.

first time posting from Monaco. Bad experience on delivery so far.
I have been confirmed delivery for today, several times: sold previous car on a cheap because of the rush, had all paperwork readied (needs to be imported from France), plate and everything, we took holidays (me and my girlfriend) for today's trip to delivery center (300 km away), got a hired car... an then...
Yesterday (20 hrs from delivery) I receive a call saying that "the car is not here, we don't quite know where it is".
Now I am rescheduled for next Wednesday and got worried because VIN no longer appears on website, and all my paperwork is linked to it (plate and insurance).
Customer support sounds apologetic but they doubt I will get any refund for the inconvenience.
I tried to post a similar message on Tesla forums... it lasted a couple of hours... and then it got cancelled!!
They apply censorship on their forums!!!

Is this a joke? You can't even complain?

• Funny
Reactions: elasalle
Quick update.
The car turned out to be only two days late, although I had to postpone delivery by a full week (to reorganize my trip to delivery center, reschedule hols etc).
They did their best, everybody was very nice and the car is fantastic BUT they are overwhelmed by the number of deliveries, so they are trying 'grouped deliveries', which was not what I expected and turned out to be too long and not very accurate.
Anyway: I practically knew everything they had to tell and really enjoyed the trip back home

Reactions: generalenthu
I think in the end, deliveries have to be shortened or video-led and not in-person. Especially with Model 3 SR at a low price point. Car deliveries especially for someone picking up either their 2nd or later number should be almost as if you zipped in and zipped out. Inspect for visual damage and sign and drive. Tesla is going to be looking at ways to cut costs going forward and demanding 1+ hour deliveries done with a staff member is not going to scale unless you perhaps ... here's an idea for Tesla add a purchase option of "value-add delivery" for those who have not taken test drives at $100 which is rolled into keeping the sales centers staffed-up. To make it pain-free, include it in all car prices and then let you opt-out explicitly if you want a sign-n-drive and reduce price by $100 or give swag instead.