Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool, I have the same build! Waiting since March 17th, no VIN yet.

They have tried to give me a 2018 VIN with 19'' wheels and a 2019 VIN with 19'' Wheels, turned down both since you lose range with 19'' and I needed to pay for the upgrade, so they were not doing me any favours.
The wait is agonizing, isn't it? I'm coming from a 2015 Challenger SXT and gas just keeps climbing and climbing; I'm so ready to be done with all that hassle. I'm surprised they wouldn't write off the cost of the wheels, especially with the 2018 build. Heck, considering the added noise, lesser ride comfort, and the loss of range like you mentioned, they should pay us to take some 19s, haha.

Ordered a m3 LR awd couple weeks ago, and matched with a 2018 for 3900 discount. But had to pay 1500 for 19 inch wheels. I was wondering if 2018s are very different from more recent builts? 4 months is a long time and many improvements could have been done to the production line and the product itself. Ofcourse the specs on paper are same. But the quality of product would ve improved vastly is my guess. Taking delivery this weekend no matter what.

@Krt1107, Model 3 production switched from Autopilot HW2.5 to HW3 earlier this month.
  • If you are ordering FSD, buying a 2018 model means instead of getting the HW3 computer with the car, you will have to wait for the retrofit. I estimate they will do retrofits between Aug 2019- Apr 2020.
  • If you are not ordering FSD, buying a 2018 model means you will be stuck with the HW2.5 computer instead of getting the HW3 computer which is 16 times more powerful. HW3 now comes standard with all Teslas regardless of how you configure. This could affect the resale value and it could affect what features your car will get in the future that are not related to FSD. For example, HW2 doesn't support dashcam and sentry mode but HW2.5 does. Something similar could happen with HW2.5 and HW3 in the future but for other features that we don't know yet.
If you have not watched Tesla's Autonomy Day event on 22 Apr 2019, check out the video here so you can understand what the change is about. There is a 4-minute summary here, and a 15-minute version here.

Last edited:
mputer wi
@Krt1107, Model 3 production switched from Autopilot HW2.5 to HW3 earlier this month.
  • If you are ordering FSD, buying a 2018 model means instead of getting the HW3 computer with the car, you will have to wait for the retrofit. I estimate they will do retrofits between Aug 2019- Apr 2020.

Thanks Troy. We have paid 5k for FSD. So, we are eligible for HW upgrades.

On a separate note, I am worried if I can even trustingly put my family in Tesla's FSD. Life is not a cool experiment to play with. From what I have seen in the past, many folks lost their lives using FSD/Auto pilot. I trust Google and Waymo in this area, as they keep logging in miles and seem to be more interested in getting to a Feature Complete solution, than Tesla, which seems to be more interested in selling FSD's and not in achieving Feature Complete FSD. Waymo is way ahead on this and I will trust Waymo/Google any day than Tesla. Unless Tesla proves its not another scum of an auto maker, but so far, I am yet to trust Tesla fully, though its better than other Auto manufacturers, its far from Google's trust worthiness.

Just added my UK model 3 order to the spreadsheet. Long range, AWD (as RWD isn't available and they don't know when it will be, I'll just have to swallow that cost), FSD. Black paint, black interior, 18" wheels. Order and deposit put in before the official email saying configuration was open was received. Delivery listed as late June on the configuration email.

Reactions: alexGS

On a separate note, I am worried if I can even trustingly put my family in Tesla's FSD. Life is not a cool experiment to play with. From what I have seen in the past, many folks lost their lives using FSD/Auto pilot....
In the US 100 people are killed today because of HUMAN drivers. Yesterday 100 were killed, tomorrow 100 more will be killed. And you are worried about FSD? Sure people will die but statistically if on the day FSD goes live all cars were FSD the number killed would be well under 50 (probably less than 25) and heading down by the month. As of now distracted driving is driving HUMAN cased death rates to go up.

So statistically you and your family would be safer.

The problem is the news and sensationalized amplification. No one knows or cares (except the people effected) about the 100 people who die today but let 1 single person die from Autonomous driving and it is plastered all over the news.

Last edited:
Noticed that for US there are cars as far back as Jan that haven't received a VIN yet. I'd imagine these are abandoned updates instead of not having a VIN. However if you scroll back all are filled in. Does the owner of the spreadsheet "purge" it after a certain amount of time?

Just added my m3 sr+ order to the spreadsheet. Taking delivery on May 4 and hoping for no issues!

Tesla called me the day before scheduled delivery and told me they had found a crack in my rear glass. Super annoying, but I'm glad at least that they found it themselves, rather than me finding it after driving 3 hours to pick up the car. Was told that it might be 2 more weeks before they could get replacement glass from Safelite. After I pushed a little more, though, they said they found a car with my configuration that was already on its way to them. They reassigned me a new VIN today, with a plan to pick up this weekend. Fingers crossed!

Question about VINs: My previous VIN was in the 359xxx range, but the new one is 311xxx. Looking at the spreadsheets of M3 SR+ orders, I see a lot of VINs in the 300-320 range, and then another group in the 350-360 range. Are the VINs sequential? If so, where are the missing ones - another model/trim? And when I asked the delivery advisor, she said the "factory date" of my new car was May 4, which doesn't seem right if they are sequential, since my earlier VIN was much higher but clearly made before May 4.

Sorry if I've missed this information elsewhere on the forums.

Tesla called me the day before scheduled delivery and told me they had found a crack in my rear glass. Super annoying, but I'm glad at least that they found it themselves, rather than me finding it after driving 3 hours to pick up the car. Was told that it might be 2 more weeks before they could get replacement glass from Safelite. After I pushed a little more, though, they said they found a car with my configuration that was already on its way to them. They reassigned me a new VIN today, with a plan to pick up this weekend. Fingers crossed!

Question about VINs: My previous VIN was in the 359xxx range, but the new one is 311xxx. Looking at the spreadsheets of M3 SR+ orders, I see a lot of VINs in the 300-320 range, and then another group in the 350-360 range. Are the VINs sequential? If so, where are the missing ones - another model/trim? And when I asked the delivery advisor, she said the "factory date" of my new car was May 4, which doesn't seem right if they are sequential, since my earlier VIN was much higher but clearly made before May 4.

Sorry if I've missed this information elsewhere on the forums.

Interesting that you mentioned that.

I ordered a SR (technically an SR+) at the store on 4/27. I received the VIN last Friday and it was 362,XXX, which has a built date of 4/16. The delivery was also supposed to take on Friday. However, the Delivery Center called me that the car had a "containment" issue and it has to be send to a Service Center. About 2 hours ago, I received a call from the Delivery Center stating that they are still waiting for a part (maybe a glass too... who knows). Since they do not have an ETA for the part, they decided to give me a new car. The new VIN is 317,XXX and according to them it was built today (5/7) at 3am.

On a separate note, I am worried if I can even trustingly put my family in Tesla's FSD. Life is not a cool experiment to play with. From what I have seen in the past, many folks lost their lives using FSD/Auto pilot. I trust Google and Waymo in this area, as they keep logging in miles and seem to be more interested in getting to a Feature Complete solution, than Tesla, which seems to be more interested in selling FSD's and not in achieving Feature Complete FSD. Waymo is way ahead on this and I will trust Waymo/Google any day than Tesla. Unless Tesla proves its not another scum of an auto maker, but so far, I am yet to trust Tesla fully, though its better than other Auto manufacturers, its far from Google's trust worthiness.
Just curious...if you think Tesla might be a scum of an auto maker, why would you purchase their product? Also what automotive product does Google currently produce that you have used that enables you to "trust" them more than Tesla, which makes actual automobiles and has been for some time.

You do realize that Tesla has several hundred thousand cars feeding providing feedback, don't you? It has orders of magnitude more data being collected than Waymo and Google combined. Plus it knows infinitely more about vehicle dynamics than those companies.

Reactions: jboles
Kinda asked before but more specific. Here is an order in CA from Jan 29 that still doesn't have a VIN. Is this accurate? That is 3½ months. If so why? It seems that there is little rhyme or reason how VINs are assigned (other than in stock). Seems some get a VIN in a week or 2 and others wait months.

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 10.16.42 AM.png

Kinda asked before but more specific. Here is an order in CA from Jan 29 that still doesn't have a VIN. Is this accurate? That is 3½ months. If so why? It seems that there is little rhyme or reason how VINs are assigned (other than in stock). Seems some get a VIN in a week or 2 and others wait months.

@bluesbro1982 might be able to answer that.

Just added my info. Ordered two weeks ago today. Account page still says "Estimated Delivery: within two weeks from order placed date." Sales rep advised me two days ago that we are still waiting for Fremont to build it and ship it cross country. Murphy's law says they will want to deliver it when I am away on vacation around Memorial Day.

I believe tha sheet relies on owners to update them. I'd guess that guy just never did.
Yea and it looks like there are a lot of them I just used one example. However if you scroll back into 2018 all the enters (for US orders) are filled. It must mean that someone is purging the list after a certain amount of time since there would be lots of owners failing to update all info.