Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appreciate all the work you guys are doing on this. Question though, don't have a google account and don't want one. So I have my entry on the spreadsheet and now I won't be able to edit it when I get my invite?
Appreciate all the work you guys are doing on this. Question though, don't have a google account and don't want one. So I have my entry on the spreadsheet and now I won't be able to edit it when I get my invite?

@SMAlset,

Just send us an email at [email protected]. We'll be glad to change your entry for you. There will be a few hours lag for your entry to be updated though.

CJ

Last edited:
Reactions: SMAlset
Hi @Qbenjamin,

We are continuously updating the spreadsheet. Today's revision involves the installation of Google forms. This will cause you to log in to your google account once if you want to edit your entry. You will remain anonymous except for your username just as before. You can still sort and filter the data set as before.

The new form will give each user the ability to edit only their entry and prevent any one else from altering your data. Sorry if this is a little more inconvenient than the previous method. But, we think this is a good security feature to preserve the integrity of the data set. We were spending too much time blocking trolls from altering other people's data. It was too easy to do with the old method.

Let me know the specific problem you are having with the spreadsheet. Maybe I can help troubleshoot.

CJ
I assume my current edit will go through, it had me put my entries on a separate form.

Last edited:
Data point (spreadsheet is locked), I never received an invite to configure email, but I did notice configuration was open on the website, I configured on 1/26, Got a VIN on 1/31 (66xx) and am scheduled for delivery on 2/6!

For the record, I used the form, and it duplicated my data...

Hello @jhs_7645,
Thanks for the data point. Your duplicate is deleted.
The new security system do locks all the tabs. The only way to edit your entry is through the forms.
Do bear with us as we transition to the new system.
It was just too easy for anyone to change mass groups of data with the old system.
Most of the time it was a well intentioned user who wants to update multiple entries on the spreadsheet, but there was no way we could distinguish between the good and bad guys.
There are safeguards that we had implemented, but it was just too time consuming.
Anyway, from all of us who are still waiting for our Mod 3, thank you for your contribution.
It does help pass the time while we live vicariously through you luck ones.

CJ

So this "new way" of having to use an input form vs updating the sheet directly isn't working for me. The input form has no pre-populated data. I've already had to re-enter my entire data twice, so can you please check into what the issue might be?

So this "new way" of having to use an input form vs updating the sheet directly isn't working for me. The input form has no pre-populated data. I've already had to re-enter my entire data twice, so can you please check into what the issue might be?

@Atebit,
Thanks for the feedback. I see that you have a January entry that was edited on Sunday at ~1PM. All the information seems to be complete with the addition of VIN and VIN assignment date at that time. No delivery date yet though. All that data should pre-populate your fields when you pull up the edit form. I am having some difficulty recreating your issue though. Sometimes font or display settings could cause problems with Google forms. Will keep looking. In the meantime, your data seems to be correct. Thanks again for contributing.
CJ

Last edited:
I just updated with my VIN assigned today, but it also seems to have created a new duplicate entry. I've e-mailed the list owner with the duplication info. The edit form was also empty for me - I'm not sure how the form would know who I am, esp if I didn't use the same browser or machine to enter my initial information. But I thought it would match up the username with my old entry.

I just updated with my VIN assigned today, but it also seems to have created a new duplicate entry. I've e-mailed the list owner with the duplication info. The edit form was also empty for me - I'm not sure how the form would know who I am, esp if I didn't use the same browser or machine to enter my initial information. But I thought it would match up the username with my old entry.

Hi wwu,
Your duplicate entry is deleted.
The only way the spreadsheet knows who you are is if you click the 'Click here to edit' link next to your name.
If you click the 'Click to add a new entry' link at the top it will create a new/duplicate entry. Enjoy your new car.
Thanks for the data point.
CJ

Last edited:
CJ: is there any thoughts on using a logarithmic graph to show if the rate of change in VIN production is accelerating, stable or decaying?

Awesome database. Cheers .

Hi @navguy12,

We actually had it up earlier - the sigmoid growth curve. But we took it down because we thought it was too early in the process. At this early stage of production, the data is only showing the exponential growth which the VIN parabolic curves represent well. Once production stabilizes, we will put it back up and hopefully catch the early decaying section.

CJ

Reactions: navguy12
Hi wwu,
Your duplicate entry is deleted.
The only way the spreadsheet knows who you are is if you click the 'Click here to edit' link next to your name.
If you click the 'Click to add a new entry' link at the top it will create a new/duplicate entry. Enjoy your new car.
Thanks for the data point.
CJ

Ahh, now I understand. It took me even a few minutes after reading this to find the "Click here to edit" link. What happened to me is that I'd scrolled too quickly to the rightward columns when I loaded the spreadsheet, Column B was already off the page without me ever noticing it.

I'd suggest to also make explicit note of the "Click here to edit" instructions in the "How to enter data" tab's "Updating your data". All it says now is to use the same form, and the first instinct then is to click on the link a few lines above, taking you straight to the blank form.

Ahh, now I understand. It took me even a few minutes after reading this to find the "Click here to edit" link. What happened to me is that I'd scrolled too quickly to the rightward columns when I loaded the spreadsheet, Column B was already off the page without me ever noticing it.

I'd suggest to also make explicit note of the "Click here to edit" instructions in the "How to enter data" tab's "Updating your data". All it says now is to use the same form, and the first instinct then is to click on the link a few lines above, taking you straight to the blank form.

@wwu123,
Thanks for the suggestions. Implemented.
CJ

Hi @navguy12,

We actually had it up earlier - the sigmoid growth curve. But we took it down because we thought it was too early in the process. At this early stage of production, the data is only showing the exponential growth which the VIN parabolic curves represent well. Once production stabilizes, we will put it back up and hopefully catch the early decaying section.

CJ
CJ, I'm not a subject matter expert (SME) in the study of numbers as what is being presented in your spreadsheet data, so take this for being an uninformed opinion.....

That said, the following (screen shot of) chart:
Screenshot_2018-02-07-11-23-17.png

When I view this, I cannot discern if the rate of change is positive, flat, negative or erratic.

I "suspect" erratic.

If the scale of VINs on the Y axis were 1, 10, 100, 1,000, 10,000, 100,000, even though it's early days, wouldn't the resulting non straight line be a more true indicator of how the rate of growth is actually not all we wish for?

Thanks. Cheers.

it is rather un-interesting don't you think?
As a chap in Canada with the "late 2018" placeholder, I would not find that uninteresting at all.

In fact , I would go to that chart first on a daily basis.

Once that erratic flat line on that logrithmic chart matured into a positive trend line, then I (and hundreds of thousands of other placeholders) would utilize the complete data (tool) set in the manner that I believe is your intention (i.e. realistic estimate of when we could take delivery of our car). Cheers. Mike.

@chojn1 and @Troy, now that Tesla has moved out the delivery ranges, do you want us to go in and refresh that field in the estimator individually? It's never been clear to me whether we were supposed to list initial estimate (Feb-Apr for me), the first revised estimate (Mar-May for me, until an hour ago), or the latest and greatest revision (Jun-Aug for me). By the way, Troy's had my delivery pegged at mid-July for well over a month...good for Tesla to finally be catching up to his science!

Reactions: Kipp
Funny, Troy had me for 3-1-18, and Tesla had been showing Dec-Feb. Now Tesla changed me to Mar-May. So maybe I get my Model 3 on 3-1-18 and Troy was spot on. Just kidding, I'm curbing my expectations... :)

RT

Hi, everybody. If you are adding your data for the first time, you can use the Google form here. If you already have a pre-form entry, use the link next to your username on the All Entries tab. This link will open to a Google form pre-filled with your data. Also, if you use this, it will automatically replace your pre-form entry with a form entry and there won't be a duplicate. If for some reason there is a duplicate, right click to the cell and insert a comment or write a message on the Suggestions tab.

When you use the Google form, you still remain anonymous. We can't see your Gmail or account name. We are using a Google form to protect the data against mass unauthorized edits. If you open the form in incognito mode, Google will tell you that you will remain anonymous if you sign in. There is a setting in the form that limits entries one per user. We have selected that setting. Besides protecting the data, another advantage of this setting is that the next time you open the form, the data you submitted earlier will still be there. You won't have to re-enter everything. You can add the new data and submit again. You can submit the form as many times as you wish. This doesn't have any down-side and doesn't clutter the file.

but how do you get it to sort by date? I'd like to see it chronologically but can't see how to do that unless I'm missing something.

When you say date, do you mean invite date, reservation date, VIN date or delivery date? If yes, you can create your own temporary filter view. Check out the step by step guide here.

Besides email, you have 2 more options:
◘ Right-click on the cell you want to change and select "insert comment". This will appear as an anonymous comment if you are not logged in to a Google account. Make sure you mention the username you want to edit because the data shifts from cell to cell as new entries come in. Your comment will stay in that cell until it is processed but the data will move to other cells. Therefore we won't know what data to change if you don't tell us the username.
◘ Use the Suggestions tab.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: dhanson865