Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, if you want to be able to track progress for yourself without having to constantly load the spreadsheet and then re-apply filters, you can make your own google sheet that just queries the "official" one and filter it however you like.

Here is my own, as an example:
Red Vins

You do it by creating a query that references the original doc and sticking it in the first column of your own new sheet:

=query(ImportRange("1BWscIZyLsh42IHcj1AJNfEF-vzj-vRo-3skcCXgO_Nc","All Entries!A1:AG3500"), "SELECT * WHERE (Col13 IS NOT NULL OR Col14 IS NOT NULL) AND Col15='Red Multi-Coat' AND Col16='18 inch Aero' Order By Col10 DESC, Col13 DESC", 3)

This is selecting any row where the vin assignment date (Col13) and/or scheduled date (Col14) are not empty, the color (Col15) is red multi-coat, and the tires (Col16) are 18" aero, sorted newest to oldest by invite date (Col10) followed by vin assignment date (Col13).

In theory you're supposed to be able to use column letters ("O", etc.) but I couldn't get it to work, so instead you have to count the columns over, starting at 1.

Great News! ISA called this afternoon (3/27) and advised that my car is on it's way to San Diego. Should arrive at the new San Diego delivery center by this weekend. Delivery is scheduled for Monday 4/2. If any other owners picking up their vehicle in San Diego this weekend happen to see a Red M3 w/18" Aero wheels (VIN 116xx) feel free to take a picture and post. I hope everyone else who configured 2/22 also gets their vehicle soon. I have updated the spreadsheet accordingly.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Congrats to the Canadians. Nice little surprise.

current.gif

So is Tesla pushing 200k to Q3?
Even so, we are not quite at 200k at the moment, so there are still some US invites remaining this quarter.
End of quarter push (biggest delivery week ever):

export.jpg

Last edited:
The end of quarter push is pretty exciting, but it's looking like next week we drop back to late Feb, early March levels of delivery numbers. It may be a frustrating next couple of weeks for the delivery numbers, but by about the third/fourth week of April we should be at least be back to the Mar 18 numbers.

Reactions: FSKT

View attachment 289891

Even so, we are not quite at 200k at the moment, so there are still some US invites remaining this quarter.

View attachment 289884
That is impressive, the reported delivery count in the last week of March alone is higher than the whole month of Jan or Feb.

Invite and Order

Got invited last night 3/27 from my online order placed April 1, 2016. I am a non-owner
Was set on waiting for AWD, but caved and ordered this morning RWD. We have another AWD vehicle.

I think ordering now gives a fighting chance of getting the Ontario rebate, but I understand it is not a sure thing.

reserved - 04.01.16 | 10:30 pm | non-owner | on-line| canada
invited - 03.27.18
configured - 03.27.18 | 9:50 am
vin assigned - n/a
scheduled delivery - n/a
configuration - red | aero | eap

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
FYI, if you want to be able to track progress for yourself without having to constantly load the spreadsheet and then re-apply filters, you can make your own google sheet that just queries the "official" one and filter it however you like.

Here is my own, as an example:
Red Vins

You do it by creating a query that references the original doc and sticking it in the first column of your own new sheet:

=query(ImportRange("1BWscIZyLsh42IHcj1AJNfEF-vzj-vRo-3skcCXgO_Nc","All Entries!A1:AG3500"), "SELECT * WHERE (Col13 IS NOT NULL OR Col14 IS NOT NULL) AND Col15='Red Multi-Coat' AND Col16='18 inch Aero' Order By Col10 DESC, Col13 DESC", 3)

This is selecting any row where the vin assignment date (Col13) and/or scheduled date (Col14) are not empty, the color (Col15) is red multi-coat, and the tires (Col16) are 18" aero, sorted newest to oldest by invite date (Col10) followed by vin assignment date (Col13).

In theory you're supposed to be able to use column letters ("O", etc.) but I couldn't get it to work, so instead you have to count the columns over, starting at 1.

This is fantastic advice and thank you for posting exactly how to do it. I will set mine up using your example and have a tab for CA instead of NC.

I am in Chicago area, loosing hope quickly. I configured on 03/13 and it looks I am not getting till May? What do you guys think?

Look at the spreadsheet...colors are most important but there are MANY black (my color so that is what I check) who configured in February with no VIN yet. They said 3-6 weeks. You are only two weeks in. I configured 3/1 and still no VIN. You might get lucky but yeah later April would be more likely.

View attachment 289891

View attachment 289884
I wonder if it is possible that Tesla with all of the delays of the Model 3 (i.e. S and X keep running up the count) that they are sending cars to Canada so that they won't hit #200,000 in Q1, so maybe Q2 is when the magic number is hit. If that's the case then those in Q2 and Q3 will get the full tax credit. Any thoughts?

I wonder if it is possible that Tesla with all of the delays of the Model 3 (i.e. S and X keep running up the count) that they are sending cars to Canada so that they won't hit #200,000 in Q1, so maybe Q2 is when the magic number is hit. If that's the case then those in Q2 and Q3 will get the full tax credit. Any thoughts?
They are not sending Model 3 to Canada in Q1, only invite to configurate. There is no way that Tesla would hit 200 000 in Q1 if the information that exist isn't completely wrong. By sending invites to Canada now and sending Model 3 to Canada in Q2 they can push the £200,000 in US to Q3.