Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just received and configured our Model 3 this afternoon. We are in AZ and reserved on 3/31/16 just after the Model 3 was revealed. A minute or so after the cover was off the car, we reserved. Obviously we are on-line, and non owner. We configured, red, RWD, PUP, Aero and no autopilot software.

This is one week to the day ahead of Troy's estimation spreadsheets, thus we were really surprised. In our case we had a little trouble with the spreadsheet. By the time Daylight Savings Time was in effect for the reveal, in Arizona that means nothing. AZ does not observe DST (we welcome when the sun goes down in the summer). Thus, I filled out the spreadsheet with a Mountain Location but a Pacific time zone because at that time of the year AZ and CA have the same time. With that we were scheduled to get our invite on 4/25/18, so we are really happy that we are now in the real line of production a week early.

A note for all others to get their invites in the future. What surprised us when we configured was that Tesla wants actual pictures of the front and back of your driver's licenses and the same for a picture of your insurance that shows you have insurance on your existing vehicles. I'm sure this may vary by state, but if I had known I would have generated those documents earlier. What we had to do was to take pictures of those documents with our iphones. It is wise at that point to crop out any background from the pictures. Then we emailed to ourselves. After that we dragged those pictures to our desktop (Mac). From there we clicked and dragged them to the Tesla configurator site. I would suggest that Tesla change their aspect ratio to be a little more main stream. As they are now they are quite wide in relation to the height of the box provided.

I will update the spreadsheets tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: RenMan68
We just received and configured our Model 3 this afternoon. We are in AZ and reserved on 3/31/16 just after the Model 3 was revealed. A minute or so after the cover was off the car, we reserved. Obviously we are on-line, and non owner. We configured, red, RWD, PUP, Aero and no autopilot software.

This is one week to the day ahead of Troy's estimation spreadsheets, thus we were really surprised. In our case we had a little trouble with the spreadsheet. By the time Daylight Savings Time was in effect for the reveal, in Arizona that means nothing. AZ does not observe DST (we welcome when the sun goes down in the summer). Thus, I filled out the spreadsheet with a Mountain Location but a Pacific time zone because at that time of the year AZ and CA have the same time. With that we were scheduled to get our invite on 4/25/18, so we are really happy that we are now in the real line of production a week early.

A note for all others to get their invites in the future. What surprised us when we configured was that Tesla wants actual pictures of the front and back of your driver's licenses and the same for a picture of your insurance that shows you have insurance on your existing vehicles. I'm sure this may vary by state, but if I had known I would have generated those documents earlier. What we had to do was to take pictures of those documents with our iphones. It is wise at that point to crop out any background from the pictures. Then we emailed to ourselves. After that we dragged those pictures to our desktop (Mac). From there we clicked and dragged them to the Tesla configurator site. I would suggest that Tesla change their aspect ratio to be a little more main stream. As they are now they are quite wide in relation to the height of the box provided.

I will update the spreadsheets tomorrow.
For the proof of insurance, is it ok just to post info for your current car? Or are you supposed to get something showing you will have coverage on the new model 3?

Got this invite on 18th April for my reservation done online 31st 1st day. Postponed to later this year to know more about maturity of the car/company.
Thank you for reserving a Model 3 and supporting our mission toward a more sustainable future. It’s time to choose your options and place your order.

• Informative
Reactions: navguy12
Quick question on the google spreadsheet. I tried to update my information, but now everything is blank and it says "see column AD) behind my user name. Anybody any idea? Username on google spreadsheet is same as this one.

Hey I recognize your name from the spreadsheet. Black Aero, right? Congrats! When did you get your VIN? Still waiting here.
Yes, Black with Aero. Got my VIN last Monday early morning. April 16th. Got an email from my DS around noon. He actually tried to get me the car before this passing weekend, but they could not make it. I could have picked up as soon as Tuesday, but had to push till Saturday, based on my Schedule and not wanting to rush the delivery. Suspense is killing me though, and I am tempted to call my DS and pick up before Saturday.

Reactions: immunogold
I'm so excited!!! Got my invite on 4/18 but didn't see it until 4/22 because i was recovering from knee surgery. WOO!
Was going to wait for M3D but decided that i couldn't wait anymore and configured on 4/22, Red w/ sport wheels! I updated the spreadsheet and i have to say that the google doc is freaking cool! i love all of the charts /graphs!
When do you do financing? when you get the vin? or when delivery date confirmed?