Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a Model 3 Performance on 10/04/18 and still no VIN. I contacted Tesla and they said my delivery date in the system is 11/14, but online it still says 12/18. Man, this is taking me back to when I had to wait for my 2013 P85, can't stand the lack of communication and different information from different sources at Tesla.

M3P Configuration:
Midnight Silver Metallic
Performance Upgrade
20" Wheels, Brakes, Yada Yada,
Black and White Premium Interior
Enhanced Autopilot

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
i went to the site, clicked model3, put in an order..

as a side note:
order date: 18OCT18
delivery confirmation email date: 24OCT18
Delivery Date: 11/18/2018 @3:30PM <--according to email (probably subject to change)

UPDATE:

Just called Tesla because my app isn't working since the original cancellation. The guy told me I have a VIN assigned, but that company policy prohibits him from sharing it with me due to privacy reasons... WUT? Hopefully my IDA can give it to me tomorrow. As it stands though, ill update the tracker with vin assigned and the delivery date and just fill the vin in once i know it.
Just got an email from my IDA 8 minutes ago changing my delivery date from 11/18 to 11/08. However, my IDA doesn't respond to emails, voicemails, or calls. I'm still trying to get them to correct the listed payment method and provide my VIN :(

• Informative
It looks like Tesla just updated their Model 3 Performance kit recently, where you now get the Performance upgrade package included with the car at the same price. I put my order in about 13 days ago with the 18" wheels because I wanted to keep some range efficiency over the 20" wheels. Do you think my order is going to be stuck in a hole somewhere because it is now a non-standard build? If I go to the edit page, it will add on the Performance package without an option to remove, but the original order page still retains 18" wheels unless I choose to update.

I ordered my LR M3 non-performance on Oct 14, 2018. I have not received a VIN nor is there anywhere on my Tesla account that gives me any info except expected delivery is Dec 2018. I looked at the spreadsheets on this thread and noticed some people have entered ranges of dates for VIN assignment and delivery dates. I have not received anything like this. Nor is there an edit page on my account. Am I missing something here?

Hi, everybody. I added formulas to remove old, incomplete entries. These apply to LRD and P orders by reservation holders. The estimated VIN and delivery dates shown in All Entries tab, column H and i, have changed.

P delivery estimate without a reservation:
Old estimate: 5 Nov–22 Feb 2019
New estimate: 5 Nov–4 Jan 2019

P delivery estimate with a reservation:
Old estimate: 5 Nov–1 Jan 2019
New estimate: 5 Nov–17 Nov 2018

@katpurrz, if you mean column H and I on the All Entries tab here, those are estimated dates the sheet calculates for people who have not entered any dates yet. If you add your data, you will see an estimate too. The estimate considers how many people are still waiting in your group and how many VINs are assigned over time based on the latest data. For example, if there are 50 people waiting and 5 VINs are assigned per day, it would take 10 days to get a VIN. That's the logic behind it. In addition, it checks the latest data for VIN to delivery times. For Illinois, it currently takes 9 days from VIN to delivery. So it would add 9 days on top of the VIN range to calculate the delivery range.

Some interesting (to me) mining of Troy's workbook for all logged orders configured after 10/17 (MR became available 10/18) thus far...
11 RWDLR orders, and
100 other orders...
80% MR
18% AWD
2% P
Just 2/18 AWD orders are the 'base' AWD (black/18s/black int/no EAP nor FSD).
Just 10/80 MR orders are the 'base' MR (black/18s/black int/no EAP nor FSD).
Just 1/11 RWD orders are the base.
45 of the 80 MR orders are from folks who had made a $1k reservation back in the day.

So it looks clear to me that Tesla is succeeding with this MR demand lever: lots of SR waiters going ahead and jumping in, and very few folks are ordering the cheapest car Tesla is willing to currently sell (13 of 111). This bodes well for Q4 revenue/profit/cash for Tesla.

Reactions: webdbbt and Troy
Thanks, good to know the MR RWD's are making their way east. Hopefully I see mine in NY soon. MR/RWD/Blue/Black/EAP. Have been timing my order as well. It will be 9 weeks by 12/31 so judging by how things are going, it will be 4-6 weeks instead of 6-10.

Just got approved for Chase (Tesla) financing at 3.79 for 60 months, financing $35k. Will try to beat that locally. Paying $20k down. Pickup date is set for 11/20 in Nashville. I live in Memphis.

By the way:

Ordered 10/19
Mid-Range RWD
Pearl White
19" Wheels
B&W Interior
EAP
Nov-Dec 2018 delivery estimate
Apr 1 2016 reservation holder (estimate around 140k in line)

Just got an email from my IDA 8 minutes ago changing my delivery date from 11/18 to 11/08. However, my IDA doesn't respond to emails, voicemails, or calls. I'm still trying to get them to correct the listed payment method and provide my VIN :(
Ended up calling the national delivery number (888-771-2505) and got my VIN and other issues resolved :)
ending in 1128XX

That said, what can I tell from this VIN? I used the decoder and see it's a 2018; but we're 10 months and change in to 2018 so that doesn't mean much to me. I know some of you discuss how new a vehicle is based on VIN. Any insights?

Last edited:
  • Love
Well! The Delivery Hotline is the BEST! I just called and spoke with my (new) IDA who realized my car has already been manufactured and is on a train headed east. Setup my delivery for 11/14 at Devon PA. I'm happy they were able to help me, but I wish everyone else I had called to speak with would have been able to help as much. For some reason I still don't have a VIN though? The IDA wasn't sure why one wasn't listed yet - does anyone know the timing of when we get a VIN?

• Love