Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the spreadsheet, only 8000 out of over 60000 model 3 produced in Q4 2018 are expected to be RWD. That seems very little. Considering there was likely a huge bump in orders for RWD after the MR was released 2 weeks ago, that makes me concerned there won't be enough RWDs to go around.

@Troy thanks for all the hard work. Great post and helpful spreadsheet. I order a LEMR 10/23/18. No reservation or previous Tesla contact. On 10/28/18 I edited order to AWD LR, partly in the hope for a better chance at delivery before the end of the year. The "edit" link was gone this morning and received a call and email from my IDA early this afternoon. Delivery 11/25/18. Let's hope my aero wheel cap kit arrives in time!

Reactions: Troy and shanif
anyone ordered model 3 in Dallas lately? What is the estimated delivery date you were given after you paid $2500 deposit? The site says 6-10 weeks but the rep told me that a more accurate date is given once deposit is paid for the exact configuration you order.

I ordered a Blue LR RWD 18in on 10/21. Changed it to Red LR RWD 18in today (10/27) morning and got a VIN assigned by the evening. Delivery date is scheduled for 11/15. Dont know how to update this on the spreadsheet. @Troy could you please update?

Follow-up question for you: When you updated your order on 10/27, what did your online delivery estimation say? I ask because I ordered mine today (same config as yours) and my estimation says "by Jan '19." I'm really hoping I get it before the end of the year! Thanks for the comment.

anyone ordered model 3 in Dallas lately? What is the estimated delivery date you were given after you paid $2500 deposit? The site says 6-10 weeks but the rep told me that a more accurate date is given once deposit is paid for the exact configuration you order.

I am picking up my LR RWD 3 tomorrow that I ordered on 10/12. Financing took about a week and a half and then it got delayed a week for DMV paperwork. Mine was a 56k vin manufactured in July and was ready to go to Texas. Not sure if you got midrange, so no clue on that. Basically 3 weeks total for me.

Model 3 Dual Motor
Performance upgrade
Pearl white
Black interior

Ordered 10/12/2018
Received VIN and delivery info 10/19/18
Original Delivery date 11/10/18
Changed to 11/03/18

Took delivery (Kansas City delivery center) yesterday 11/03/18

Happened much faster than I expected.

Picked up my 56k vin over the weekend. I found a piece of glass under the driver seat, so somehow a window was broken and replaced which is why it sat around for most of the 3rd quarter. Its possible it could have been rejected previously, but probably just needed the replacement part. I'm not concerned on that, but the plastic trim was damaged from the car carrier and needs to be replaced and had some minor paint issues. Will see how good service is. It could have been enough to reject it, but not this close to the tax credit ending and the RWD LR is not in production now. Not gonna chance it.

Otherwise I love it. Going by the Fort Worth gallery to review with my Tesla representative and grab some juice. Still need to get my charger installed this week. My 110v outlet isn't properly grounded so I can't even run off that at home yet. At least I get free supercharging, and my friend used my code for hers yesterday so now I get to send a photo to space.

Reactions: webdbbt and Troy
Is there a correlation between the VIN and the build date, or does trim/configuration also factor into this? For example, I am seeing some LR model 3s with VINs in the 140xxx built the same month as Performance trims in the 80xxx range. Would adding "Build Date" to the order sheet help validate or refine that datapoint, or is it just based on certain production batches?