Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My question to Tesla is, why are you pushing so many overseas when this is the last quarter before the US federal tax credit is available. I get they want to do overseas early in the quarter so the ships have time to arrive and deliver, but if they do that while ignoring the domestic demand I think it's a mistake.
Who knows what Tesla is thinking. They're all secretive in the operation plant. They're full of surprises.

First time Tesla buyer here in Raleigh, Nc. Went to Tesla and test drove a model 3 and placed an order on the spot. Delivery said within 2 weeks. It has now been 3 weeks and 1 day. Still no Vin number or any communication. Called Tesla and the guy said that most production is going over seas and they dont have an ETA on my car. I ordered black on black standard range plus with aero wheels and full self driving. The wait continues....

Ordered early October in that 'two week' delivery time frame as well
White/White SR+ 19" AP

Both Service Center and Sales Associate stated that they have not been notified that US production has started back up yet, and that I'm looking at a November 12-22nd time frame for a VIN. FWIW.

Ordered early October in that 'two week' delivery time frame as well
White/White SR+ 19" AP

Both Service Center and Sales Associate stated that they have not been notified that US production has started back up yet, and that I'm looking at a November 12-22nd time frame for a VIN. FWIW.

Makes total sense to me. There's no indication here that Tesla is making N. American cars yet - and they may not for a while.

Has Tesla ever turned their back on the US + Canada this long in previous quarters? I know some Europeans have expiring incentives, but so do we in the US.

Decided to reach out to my sales agent today to just get his input in the waiting period. We ordered 10/12 and were quotes 4-6 weeks, however, he said now we are looking at the month of December for our delivery date. Problem for us is that we had already applied and been approved through financing on Tesla's website :/ so with that being said, he said he would try his best to find us a car before the loan expires ...... If not ....looks like we have to apply again in December. Blah.

Makes total sense to me. There's no indication here that Tesla is making N. American cars yet - and they may not for a while.

Has Tesla ever turned their back on the US + Canada this long in previous quarters? I know some Europeans have expiring incentives, but so do we in the US.
25 days is the average wait time to delivery in the US. If we get a week past that threshold I think we can start being concerned.

Decided to reach out to my sales agent today to just get his input in the waiting period. We ordered 10/12 and were quotes 4-6 weeks, however, he said now we are looking at the month of December for our delivery date. Problem for us is that we had already applied and been approved through financing on Tesla's website :/ so with that being said, he said he would try his best to find us a car before the loan expires ...... If not ....looks like we have to apply again in December. Blah.

That's strange. I ordered on 10/11 via the website where it said 2-3 weeks! Not true! Sorry to hear of the financing issue. Tesla finances the cars, don't they know if they can't deliver that it is a big PITA to re-apply or re-qualify?

25 days is the average wait time to delivery in the US. If we get a week past that threshold I think we can start being concerned.

25 days was the average wait time to delivery in the US. Get concerned now. The rules have changed. What are they? Probably no one knows!

That's strange. I ordered on 10/11 via the website where it said 2-3 weeks! Not true! Sorry to hear of the financing issue. Tesla finances the cars, don't they know if they can't deliver that it is a big PITA to re-apply or re-qualify?

Seriously such an annoyance. I just wish we would have known that beforehand, waiting wasn't a big issue for us but having to reapply is. I also ended up calling Tesla customer service (Costa Mesa, CA location) to confirm what my sales agent said and the representative told me that they should be expecting cars mid to late November...which is what they are hoping for, but if not then for sure December. He let me know that there was nothing we can do now for the time being, but upon delivery date scheduling maybe we would be able to get an extension on our Auto loan quote...
Guess we'll see what ends up happening..reapplying or our sales agent finding us a match beforehand (doubt).