Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the forums. Ordered on October 18th, Model 3, LR AWD, mid silver metallic, black premium, aero, autopilot.

When I ordered, said 6 - 10 weeks. No VIN yet, called a week ago and they said not to expect a VIN until late November. If that changed, that be pretty exciting!

Sold my Challenger and 4Runner and am borrowing an older car to get me by.

Waiting is hard... But it'll be damn sweet when it shows up. Probably going to take the day off work to get it and drive around for a couple hours.

Reactions: dillon
Ordered on 10/25 - LW AWD. SA said yesterday that he thinks there is a good chance it will be delivered before December 17th (when I leave town through the end of the year). Really hoping so, that tax credit would be nice. WI doesn't offer any other incentives so it is that or nothing.

Ordered a performance model 3 white on white with fsd on 10/17. No vin as of yet in source code. seeing all these vins pop up with October order dates are getting me excited!
Don’t get too excited! I have been waiting for a performance since September 21!!!

Once they are done with all the LRs, they will supposedly move on to the performance. Hopefully you are in that bulk group! And hopefully tesla doesn’t decide to go back to foreign production! But since no one knows anything, we just wait in the dark

Has anyone received an orientation date? Received one this morning for this upcoming Saturday however, still no VIN. Wondering if this means the car is coming sooner than expected or if it's just an stalling method..
(Ordered LR w/ FSD 10/12 in SoCal)

I think it's just an attempt to use this time wisely to teach as many people who have ordered how to use the car now, instead of waiting until the huge batches arrive, and the store is a madhouse.

Reactions: CruzTM3
Has anyone received an orientation date? Received one this morning for this upcoming Saturday however, still no VIN. Wondering if this means the car is coming sooner than expected or if it's just an stalling method..
(Ordered LR w/ FSD 10/12 in SoCal)
Just got the same email, Ordered 10/13 LR AWD MSM FSD also in SoCal. I am not getting my hopes up that it means anything. Would be curious if this is something they do regularly or new?

Just got back, it was okay. There was about 30 people today that attended. Pretty much reps standing by the Model 3, S, & X to answer any questions you have. It was very informal. Some of the reps there didn’t know much but some knew a lot.
Yeah I don’t know about that. I am quickly learning that no one from Tesla knows anything. They think they know, or they like for you to think they know. But the truth is, they can’t see anything really more than you can and don’t know anything until they get the VIN and delivery request.

again, it’s ridiculous that this company doesn’t have a timetable. This many cars on this day, and then these cars are on this day. Even my local pizza shop has better planning

I want to love this car. I want to love this company. But they are making it difficult at the moment by lack of any communication or expectations.

maybe Elon should stop screwing around with childish bravado against Porsche...and get his own customers to stick with Tesla. You think I care what some jerk off with an accent running around a track finds out about these cars...compared to be finding out if and when I am actually getting my car that I need

Last edited:
Yeah I don’t know about that. I am quickly learning that no one from Tesla knows anything. They think they know, or they like for you to think they know. But the truth is, they can’t see anything really more than you can and don’t know anything until they get the VIN and delivery request.

again, it’s ridiculous that this company doesn’t have a timetable. This many cars on this day, and then these cars are on this day. Even my local pizza shop has better planning

I want to love this car. I want to love this company. But they are making it difficult at the moment by lack of any communication or expectations
Yes, My sentiments exactly. Tesla employees seem to know less about Tesla than anyone. They go by the appearance of VINs on their delivery invoices. I bet they are guessing almost as much as we do.

It's annoying that they don't have a timetable - and that Tesla can't/won't say anything about delivery once you order. When many of us ordered it said "2-3 weeks" on the website. Now the site adjusts the waiting time to look like delivery will be by EOQ.

Anyone want to go away for a week? I wouldn't suggest it - or Tesla could call and it you don't show up ASAP, you lose your car. I've had that happen to me. It was "show up Tuesday or Wednesday - or not at all!"

Instead they give these seminars - which many people have commented that the SA's seem to know little about Model 3's, much less their delivery.

A nice car is a nice thing to have - but the car is not our whole life. Tesla doesn't understand that.

Reactions: PhillyDoc
Yes, My sentiments exactly. Tesla employees seem to know less about Tesla than anyone. They go by the appearance of VINs on their delivery invoices. I bet they are guessing almost as much as we do.

It's annoying that they don't have a timetable - and that Tesla can't/won't say anything about delivery once you order. When many of us ordered it said "2-3 weeks" on the website. Now the site adjusts the waiting time to look like delivery will be by EOQ.

Anyone want to go away for a week? I wouldn't suggest it - or Tesla could call and it you don't show up ASAP, you lose your car. I've had that happen to me. It was "show up Tuesday or Wednesday - or not at all!"

Instead they give these seminars - which many people have commented that the SA's seem to know little about Model 3's, much less their delivery.

A nice car is a nice thing to have - but the car is not our whole life. Tesla doesn't understand that.
That’s right. And of course people will say “fine then walk”. Or “you don’t need it”. But when the sales people told me with confidence when I “would” be getting my car by this particular week...i started making plans as any responsible owner would....scheduling PPF application while having another car available, returning an expiring current lease vehicle, installing a wall connector, purchasing different wheels....so yeah, it’s not such a little deal anymore. They could have done much better at informing me so I could prepare accordingly