Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not trying to be agitator, but has anyone here ever ordered a car new from another domestic brand? I'd say Tesla does an okay job compared to a lot of others. A coworker ordered a Challenger hellcat and once the order was in, they couldn't even nail down a month it would come, much less a week. They basically told him to go away until they called him telling him the car was built and shipped.

Yes, Tesla operates with almost entirely a made to order business, but still, I think they do okay. I knew there was uncertainty in timeframes when I gave them my money, so I made arrangements to be without a car for a couple months if they pushed out delivery dates. If I get the car before the end of the year, I'll count my self lucky and move on.

Would I appreciate a bit more info when ordering a $50k car, you bet. Am I going to hammer them for pushing a few weeks, nah. I'm more concerned about getting a quality vehicle when it arrives. Cheers.

Reactions: marnfl
Not trying to be agitator, but has anyone here ever ordered a car new from another domestic brand? I'd say Tesla does an okay job compared to a lot of others. A coworker ordered a Challenger hellcat and once the order was in, they couldn't even nail down a month it would come, much less a week. They basically told him to go away until they called him telling him the car was built and shipped.

Yes, Tesla operates with almost entirely a made to order business, but still, I think they do okay. I knew there was uncertainty in timeframes when I gave them my money, so I made arrangements to be without a car for a couple months if they pushed out delivery dates. If I get the car before the end of the year, I'll count my self lucky and move on.

Would I appreciate a bit more info when ordering a $50k car, you bet. Am I going to hammer them for pushing a few weeks, nah. I'm more concerned about getting a quality vehicle when it arrives. Cheers.
I agree, we have to real here. We’re ordering from a company that hasn’t even gotten to age for more than 10 yrs. if people here wanted a car so badly, they can either built one themselves or go to a company that has the inventory. Tesla is young, they’re trying to keep up but we can’t wip their robots to build any faster. Benz, bmw etc have all been around for decades. I’d rather get a car from Tesla that’s built with quality rather than rushing the process and missing components or defects.

Reactions: CaptainSlooow
I wonder if we will lose the Federal rebate at this point...Transport Canada has still not added the MY2020 to the EV incentives list.

interesting point you made their. Any idea if the federal ev incentive is going away? I hope not. Lets see. My advisor told me that because they are not building old model year hence the price increase and will be getting 403km range instead of the 386 originally posted. I don’t believe its supposed to do with MY but only a software update that got the extra range.

I agree, we have to real here. We’re ordering from a company that hasn’t even gotten to age for more than 10 yrs. if people here wanted a car so badly, they can either built one themselves or go to a company that has the inventory. Tesla is young, they’re trying to keep up but we can’t wip their robots to build any faster. Benz, bmw etc have all been around for decades. I’d rather get a car from Tesla that’s built with quality rather than rushing the process and missing components or defects.
Its not about bashing Tesla for their decision making in production or removal of hardware features....it is their lack of transparency and communication with buyers. The waiting in the dark and surprises found by online forums rather than an email, letter, phone call, etc. directly from them is NOT very comforting for this young company! Its not just about making the car. They have mastered so many other things, but they are failing at so many others.

Ordered a SR+ on 10/8.
Site said 2 weeks, sales guy said 2-4 weeks.
I emailed him today about the price increase affecting my order as I ordered at the lower price. He said it should get corrected and had me fill out the finance info as he said the car should be built this week. Hoping to have it in 2 weeks or so.

Tesla is doing whatever it takes to deliver the most cars possible per quarter. They had so many model 3's lying around the US at the end of the last quarter they were giving incentives to get them off the lot.

Here's what will happen: everyone whose ordered by today will get their cars before the end of the quarter/year. The further you are from Fremont, CA the sooner you will get your VIN but not necessary your car due to the shipping time. Tesla will honor the price you put in for at the time of your order. If you order after today, now that the 8 will estimate will go into 2020, may not get your car by the end of the year. However after the 1875 US incentive goes away we will almost certainly have an 1000 drop in price within a few weeks.

Located a new SR+ less than 500 miles from my delivery location. Reached out to my advisor and he told me his boss said they wouldn't ship even for a cost right now due to the shortage of vehicles in NA. Anybody heard this? Little disappointed. Found a model I'd be happy to take and in the past they have shipped free if it was under 500 miles. Just wondering if this is normal?

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-4_12-28-29.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-4_12-28-29.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 58
  • upload_2019-11-4_12-28-29.png
    upload_2019-11-4_12-28-29.png
    151.9 KB · Views: 57
Ordered Sept 23rd from Montreal, Canada
SR+
Metallic Blue/Black
Aero Wheels
Had a delivery appointment scheduled for Novemeber 13th. Unconfirmed from delivery advisor. Just checked the website and it has been pushed back to the 15th. Still unconfirmed. I am so pumped to get it, just seeing the date pushed back on the site, confirmed or not, it sucks lol . I hope it stays the 15th or gets confirmed for before the 15th and doesnt get pushed back any more.

Just got a text today that my M3 is ready to be scheduled for delivery in mid-November, ordered Oct. 21st. (DFW area)

M3 LR AWD
White w/ black interior
Aero wheels
AutoPilot, no FSD

I have inquired with my sales advisor to ensure that this means that the car is on its way and will truly be ready for pick-up late next week. I would hate to move ahead with getting approved for the loan, and then the delivery get pushed out to December (which is what I was expecting). Anyone have experience with this who can reassure me?

Thanks

Reactions: CaptainSlooow
I ordered SR+ white/white/19" on Oct. 12th.
I also noticed my price increased and the delivery time frame of "2 weeks" has been removed and has been replaced with a blurb about "delivery will be completed by order date, configuration, delivery location, etc." They don't even list a range of delivery possibilities...
I texted my SA and he wasn't aware (he has been out sick and still texted me back!), but he did say that he saw that I had a "soft build date in November" and that LR VINs would be coming out first (easier for them to produce several cars with the same chassis/battery) while SR+ and white interiors may be a longer wait.
I did what others have suggested with price change - I clicked on "edit design", chose "other" and typed a request to honor the original price. Hope that doesn't put me to the back of the line o_O

Ordered 10/2 SR+ black/ black/ aero wheels in NC. Recieved an email today from SA stating I have been issued a Vin, which I confirmed in the source page! He said to be on the lookout for a text or email within the coming weeks to schedule delivery. I'm hoping by mid to late November but not getting my hopes up at this point. I also inquired about the increase in price, but have not received a response yet.
After decoding the Vin, it says a 2020 model.
Hoping for speedy Vins and deliveries for everyone else who has been patiently, and not so patiently waiting. It had bee nearly 5 weeks without hearing anything, and I was losing my mind, so I can imagine how some people feel who have been waiting longer.
Best of luck to everyone!

I wish i could erase my memory of ever ordering a Tesla, so i don't have to think about it every damn day. I've already mentally prepared myself to wait in the dark for a late December delivery, but i can't stop thinking about it and my weeks are definitely going by a bit slower.

According to my COO who stated in our monthly meeting yesterday: "November and December are going to fly by before we know it..."

...yeah...! unless you're waiting for a model 3! LOL

I ordered a SR+
White/White
19" rims
EAP

on Oct 25th, 2019

Residing in Fountain Valley, California; about 5 miles-ish from Costa Mesa Delivery Center

Reactions: puppers
I wish i could erase my memory of ever ordering a Tesla, so i don't have to think about it every damn day. I've already mentally prepared myself to wait in the dark for a late December delivery, but i can't stop thinking about it and my weeks are definitely going by a bit slower.

According to my COO who stated in our monthly meeting yesterday: "November and December are going to fly by before we know it..."

I ordered a SR+
White/White
19" rims
EAP

on Oct 25th, 2019

Residing in Fountain Valley, California; about 5 miles-ish from Costa Mesa Delivery Center
Totally agree. I wish someone just ordered it for me without me knowing about it cause this wait is killing me. Of all the cars I've had, I've never had to wait this long and it is brutal when you're so set on owning one, but can't have it yet. I know these are first world problems and I'm not complaining, just agreeing lol.

I ordered a SR+
White/White
19" rims
EAP

on Oct 25th, 2019

I understand how you feel. I felt the same way, and still kind if do. I was issued a vin which is progress, however still have no clue when delivery will be available. Like I stated in a previous post, I ordered 10/02, when the delivery estimate was 2 weeks, and I'm one day away from 5 weeks. I have religiously checked my tesla account and source page for any updates, sometimes more than 5 times a day. I have been watching model 3 videos on YouTube constantly and browsing for cool accessories for the car. It's a struggle for sure, but I hope its worth it in the end. I keep thinking about the summon and self driving and how no other car has anything close to that. It helps me trick my mind into thinking that waiting this long is ok, even though I was told a shorter time frame up front.
Best of luck to you and i hope you get your car very soon!

Update from my SA

Order Date: 10/12/2019
Config: SR+ White/White 19" w/AP

'Thanks for reaching out. Yes we will honor the original price, which would be $#####. As far as any other updates I am projecting before the end of this month, before the 28th of you receiving your car. I certainly will keep you posted as things happen. Hopefully your car comes sooner. I appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards'

sounds good
Ordered September 23rd from Montreal
Sr+
Blue/Black
Aero Wheels

lol, Oh trust me, I know. It's not as bad as the people that waited 2 years. But I'm just so excited to get my car and when I ordered it was "2-3 Weeks" for delivery. So, yes, I understand........I'm still sad about it though.

Update from my SA

Order Date: 10/12/2019
Config: SR+ White/White 19" w/AP

'Thanks for reaching out. Yes we will honor the original price, which would be $#####. As far as any other updates I am projecting before the end of this month, before the 28th of you receiving your car. I certainly will keep you posted as things happen. Hopefully your car comes sooner. I appreciate your patience.

Kind Regards'