Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Usually the day before your SA contacts you, it'll show up in the source code when you've been assigned a VIN.
But I don’t think I have an SA. I just test drove a couple of times and ordered online. No one (other than a computer) even acknowledged my order.
Maybe true for east coast deliveries. But California ship times shouldn't be longer than a day, two tops. If you take delivery in Fremont, it shouldn't even be that long.

I'm not sure about that. I had a 10/1 order that was flagged almost immediately for delivery 10/9. I wasn’t able to pick up ASAP, so Tesla told me forget it. It was “pick it up NOW, or don’t bother”. That’s why I get squeamish about deliveries end of December. I re-ordered on 10/11. But, between by 10/1 order and 10/11 order, the order numbers increased by 20,000!

$2500 deposits on 10/11 with 2-3 week deliveries.

I'm not sure about that. I had a 10/1 order that was flagged almost immediately for delivery 10/9. I wasn’t able to pick up ASAP, so Tesla told me forget it. It was “pick it up NOW, or don’t bother”. That’s why I get squeamish about deliveries end of December. I re-ordered on 10/11. But, between by 10/1 order and 10/11 order, the order numbers increased by 20,000!

$2500 deposits on 10/11 with 2-3 week deliveries.

I was referring to shipping times. East coast deliveries naturally take to deliver, which is the whole point behind regional production. This becomes critical for California deliveries who want to beat the December 3 deadline for the clean air rebate, and for the December 31 tax credit deadline.

I was referring to shipping times. East coast deliveries naturally take to deliver, which is the whole point behind regional production. This becomes critical for California deliveries who want to beat the December 3 deadline for the clean air rebate, and for the December 31 tax credit deadline.
I didn’t think about the Dec 3rd deadline for the California incentive - I don’t qualify. But... that December 3rd deadline just complicates an already complicated situation. California residents who ordered in early October are not going to be happy if they miss that deadline and they qualify for it.

Now Tesla has no liability to deliver by then, but its a mess from a customer service perspective. California residents are a big chunk of Tesla buyers — and I have no idea how many people wanted this credit and qualified for it.

Reactions: dandrewk
SA reached out to me yesterday to just check in. Said they were on a 4-8 week schedule from time of order. No VIN yet, I am trying to stay patient
That’s pretty interesting because I am approaching week 8 now for mine. And silence...

Once again, I don’t think the SA have any more knowledge than any one of us!! I really wish they would keep their mouths shut at this point.

I ordered an SR+ white/white 19" wheels on 10-5-19. Lead time was quoted as 2-weeks from order. Don't have any updates from Tesla and my SA has not responded to me at all after the initial 2 weeks despite regular emails and phone calls. My page also shows the typical $500 increase, but hopefully they'll honor what we agreed to.

We want the car and are willing to wait, but the complete lack of response from Tesla has been disrespectful and quite frankly jaw dropping. A simple note letting us know the lead time is changing would suffice better than leaving us in the dark wondering, then learning about it online from strangers. I've owned many high-line cars in the past and this is unheard of.

Maybe an early symptom of the dealer-less model, no one to complain to!

I ordered an SR+ white/white 19" wheels on 10-5-19. Lead time was quoted as 2-weeks from order. Don't have any updates from Tesla and my SA has not responded to me at all after the initial 2 weeks despite regular emails and phone calls. My page also shows the typical $500 increase, but hopefully they'll honor what we agreed to.

We want the car and are willing to wait, but the complete lack of response from Tesla has been disrespectful and quite frankly jaw dropping. A simple note letting us know the lead time is changing would suffice better than leaving us in the dark wondering, then learning about it online from strangers. I've owned many high-line cars in the past and this is unheard of.

Maybe an early symptom of the dealer-less model, no one to complain to!

That stinks. Where are you picking up from? I've been watching for your vin on the spreadsheet. I ordered a LR AWD but two weeks after you so I'm trying to curb my expectations...:(

I dont think they have started (or maybe they are just starting) on the batch of SR+ . (and performance).

pretty sure the sr cars will be getting vins in the next week (east coast at least)
hopefully performance the week after

I dont think they have started (or maybe they are just starting) on the batch of SR+ . (and performance).

pretty sure the sr cars will be getting vins in the next week (east coast at least)
hopefully performance the week after

Must have missed my earlier posts but may not be too off track... I ordered 10/02 here in Raleigh, Nc when it said estimated delivery was 2 weeks but they advised me it could be around 3 weeks. My SA emailed me stating I received a Vin this past Monday the 4th, which was 2 days shy of 5 weeks. He says to be on the lookout for an email or text regarding delivery in the coming weeks. Not sure if that means 2,3,4 weeks or what. I ordered SR+ black/black/ aero wheels with full self driving.
Of course I was researching every day trying to figure out what the manufacturing pattern was but saw so many different people saying different things, I didn't know who to believe. This has been the best place for info by far! I decided I would just sit patiently (not patiently) waiting until something changed. Finally have progress, but still no clue when the car is actually coming.
As far as the price change for my paint and the SR+, it did go up initially, but now I see a credit in my account that says referral credit for the $750 price difference(I have told many people how awesome Teslas are, but have not gotten anyone to actually order). So I guess that is their way of fixing the price change, or at least mine.
Best of luck to everyone. Hoping everyone gets their cars soon! I'm sure it will all be worth the wait!

This was like back in April or March, but my coworker and his brother both went to Tesla Buena Park and placed their orders on site. Coworker's brother placed order first. MR black/black 18" and then my coworker placed his order. Some issue happened (put the $2500 down but no account was created) for my coworker so he had to return the next day (Tesla was closing soon that day) to replace his order and put down ANOTHER $2500. So at this point, my coworker ordered a day AFTER his brother; exact same trim and options. Yet, my coworker was able to take delivery one week before his brother did. Just wanted to throw that info out there. And they also eventually refunded him his first $2500 that went no where.