Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I'm in the Bay Area and placed my order in early October. Website said 2 weeks when I ordered, and my SA said 2-3 weeks. Its now been over a month without so much as a peep from Tesla. Have gotten varying estimates from customer service and my SA over the past few weeks. Heard that production may be switching to satisfy U.S. demand later this week, but others have told me late November/early December.

Really disappointed with the lack of communication from Tesla, after putting a lot of money down and not being able to get a reliable estimate of vehicle delivery.

I tweeted @elonmusk earlier. If others do the same, maybe we can at least get a definitive estimate of vehicle delivery so we're not cluelessly waiting through the end of the year.

Reactions: PhillyDoc
Im in the same boat, ordered on sept 29th and havent heard anything

..but there is a time estimate now on the web site that is probably pretty accurate, its just not the estimate we were given when we ordered.
Nope, still no estimate for me. Just the usual BS "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Just another day and silence from Tesla with $2500 of my money. Current car goes back end of the week, will rent a car for...1 week? 2 weeks? 1 month?

Got two sets of tires in my garage waiting. Got the wall connector rushed to be installed and ready to go. Financing was all set up. PPF/tinting appt tentatively scheduled with a second car around. Am I bitter? Nahhhh

Who am I though to Tesla? Nobody! Just another RN. I blame the SAs. They should just keep their mouths shut because they know next to nothing about individual orders. They are like weatherman looking at some changing colors on a map.

But hey, let's just keep pumping out those Performances for abroad. Why not just do that for a whole year? Maybe get really ahead of the game, then come back to the domestic market then.

Reactions: Solmors
Update - was supposed to take delivery tomorrow, but apparently there have been delays in transit... so tentatively now scheduled for Friday the 15th. :( Pretty bummed, will be especially bummed if Friday doesn't happen.
Interesting how Tesla expects you to re-arrange your life and schedule to accomodate their delivery...or they could potentially "give away" your car to someone else. But when it comes to their delays and unexpected factors....riiiiiiight. Sure let me just go right ahead and re-arrange everything again for a few days later...and maybe again after that.

Interesting how Tesla expects you to re-arrange your life and schedule to accomodate their delivery...or they could potentially "give away" your car to someone else. But when it comes to their delays and unexpected factors....riiiiiiight. Sure let me just go right ahead and re-arrange everything again for a few days later...and maybe again after that.

Very true. It is definitely a one way street when ordering a Tesla; but it's a street we don't have to take. And yet here we are, waiting and rearranging our lives to maneuver around Tesla. Hoop after hoop. Tesla does this because they can (but, also, not because they want to; they're still young/inexperienced and stupid(?), after all).

Yeah, I think that's a fair point. I shifted a bunch of meetings to accommodate the first appointment, and now I have to go pretty well out of my way for the new (Friday) appointment due to the delay in transit. In fairness, if it's an "in-transit" issue, then it's likely out of their control.

However, I am traveling on business next week internationally, so I was really nervous as to whether I would lose the car if Friday didn't happen. When I asked they said they would hold the car for 7 days, and it was a pretty icy reply. I'm pretty sure I would have been quite angry if they said "Well, our delay pushed your delivery into next week, sorry you're on work travel but your car is gone now."

Just really hoping for Friday now.

i think this quarter is more busy than last. For this much wait I WANT FREE SUPERCHARGING!!!

I've asked the same question from my SA if he heard of any incentives Tesla will be offering to make people's pain a bit less bitter.
Here in CA cars over 60K value will miss the $2500 rebate, under 60K will get $2000 instead. And the wait. The unforeseen wait (for people ordering before Oct 18th). His response: "No the promotions at purchase are set" so I won't be getting anything more...

Very true. It is definitely a one way street when ordering a Tesla; but it's a street we don't have to take. And yet here we are, waiting and rearranging our lives to maneuver around Tesla. Hoop after hoop. Tesla does this because they can (but, also, not because they want to; they're still young/inexperienced and stupid(?), after all).

But they’re not young and inexperienced. Far from it. The CS staff may be, but the people making the decisions are seasoned adults. They know a lot more about what Tesla is doing and going to do than anyone. We just get inconsistent gibberish from low end advisors.

It’s very hard to take (what may be) 3 months of your life and dance around Tesla and it’s time frames.

I ordered a car on 10/1. Tesla had it available, and I was told on 10/4 to pick it up on 10/8 or 10/9. I couldn’t make those dates. I will give Tesla the credit for offering a delivery to my home the night of 10/9. But, given potential issues with panels not fitting and possible bad paint, I didn’t want to take delivery at night that way. I don’t even have streetlights where I live. Was I to crawl around the car with a flashlight?

I asked Tesla about the 12th. They said it was the 9th or never. I had to “forfeit” the car. I figured it was 2 or 2-3 weeks to get another (thats what reps were saying - the website too) - so I reordered on 10/11. Now I have been told the last 3 weeks in December. In California, that means probably x-mas time in a total zoo of pick ups. I cant pick anything up much beyond the 26th or 27th of December, so I could wait until March - who knows? Backlog keeps growing, lots of us have lives to live - and can’t jump around a dime for Tesla.

People wonder why I act frustrated in my posts. Well, that’s why. I unloaded my car a while back because I really thought I would get a car relatively soon. Now I have no idea of when or even if it will come by the end of year. Tesla is as tight lipped with reality as the CIA.

We don’t know anything but to sit, wait, and hope we can rearrange everything to pick up our cars in a two day window. We are, at best looking at freakish delivery conditions - 10 minute appointments has been quoted somewhere. We are NOT early adopters and Tesla should know that. What - dress up in costumes and get delivery based on who looks weirdest on delivery day? C’mon Tesla! Get real.

Reactions: skydreamerjae
But they’re not young and inexperienced. Far from it. The CS staff may be, but the people making the decisions are seasoned adults. They know a lot more about what Tesla is doing and going to do than anyone. We just get inconsistent gibberish from low end advisors.

It’s very hard to take (what may be) 3 months of your life and dance around Tesla and it’s time frames.

I ordered a car on 10/1. Tesla had it available, and I was told on 10/4 to pick it up on 10/8 or 10/9. I couldn’t make those dates. I will give Tesla the credit for offering a delivery to my home the night of 10/9. But, given potential issues with panels not fitting and possible bad paint, I didn’t want to take delivery at night that way. I don’t even have streetlights where I live. Was I to crawl around the car with a flashlight?

I asked Tesla about the 12th. They said it was the 9th or never. I had to “forfeit” the car. I figured it was 2 or 2-3 weeks to get another (thats what reps were saying - the website too) - so I reordered on 10/11. Now I have been told the last 3 weeks in December. In California, that means probably x-mas time in a total zoo of pick ups. I cant pick anything up much beyond the 26th or 27th of December, so I could wait until March - who knows? Backlog keeps growing, lots of us have lives to live - and can’t jump around a dime for Tesla.

People wonder why I act frustrated in my posts. Well, that’s why. I unloaded my car a while back because I really thought I would get a car relatively soon. Now I have no idea of when or even if it will come by the end of year. Tesla is as tight lipped with reality as the CIA.

We don’t know anything but to sit, wait, and hope we can rearrange everything to pick up our cars in a two day window. We are, at best looking at freakish delivery conditions - 10 minute appointments has been quoted somewhere. We are NOT early adopters and Tesla should know that. What - dress up in costumes and get delivery based on who looks weirdest on delivery day? C’mon Tesla! Get real.

That sucks, man! I don't like their "take it now or leave it" rule. I think that's really really dumb. You'd have a car by now if it wasn't for that.