Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me or the tesla app isn’t working yet for new owners? When I placed the order I downloaded the app and it showed me my car image and some tutorials. Now it says your tesla account is not linked with any product.

Call Tesla, this isn’t right. Have you gotten your car? My understanding is your app gets linked about an hour before scheduled delivery. But you should be able to log in.

Spoke to a SA last night at orientation (no great use of time) who mentioned, in reference to booking a factory tour, that half the factory is closed off prepping for model y - it seems that gigafactory 1 is only running at 50%

50% us a huge exaggeration. It's true the plant is expanding its capacity and have added a "mysterious" fifth line. Whether that's for Model Y or trucks, nobody knows for sure.

The plant is at 100% capacity. Last quarter they achieved the goal of 1000 Model 3's/day. This quarter will be larger. Tesla is going gangbusters to deliver as many cars this year as possible. Reducing the factory's capacity at this point makes zero sense.

Spoke to a SA last night at orientation (no great use of time) who mentioned, in reference to booking a factory tour, that half the factory is closed off prepping for model y - it seems that gigafactory 1 is only running at 50%

Well, considering how things have been playing out, I'd be surprised if they weren't LOL. There's always going to be something going on for us 2019Q4 people

I have seen a few pics of trailers transporting Tesla's lately and none of the cars seem to be protected from the elements/debris while being transported. Typically, manufacturers wrap the cars bumpers, side mirrors, etc. with some sort of film to prevent scratches or rock chips while in transit. Doesn't Tesla do the same for their cars?
They do not. stupid it cost little to do. You just have to hope your car is in between two other cars or all the way against the cab i guess.

ordered sr+ black on white 18 aero no fsd in Toronto, Ontario on 10/02. Got vin on 11/11 (source code) got a text from tesla on 11/14 to schedule delivery appointment. Took the 11/29 date. Just got a call from Toronto office that the vehicle is in transit and will be in Toronto on the 24th. Now iv chosen to take the delivery on the 27th. thats the whole summary of my order. will keep updating.

P.S. No vin in account page yet.

Potentially good news ahead. I called my SA today for an update. A Tesla delivery manager was in the store at the time. The scoop for California deliveries: All November and prior orders will get VINs by end of November, with delivery in weeks 2 and 3 of December. Hang on bro.
I spoke with my SA today and he said I would get my VIN 1-2 weeks. I placed my order on 10/12.

A confession.
I've never in my life anticipated, yearned and waited for a machine that simply moves me at the end of the day from A to B. I've built up such an unhealthy (at this point) relationship to this delivery I fear I'll be disappointed once i have the car. Anyone has felt this way prior to delivery recently? I don't even have a VIN yet. haha.
I know when the M3 came out a lot of people waited a loooong time for the car. I even remember debating to put a reservation in.

Am I crazy?

A confession.
I've never in my life anticipated, yearned and waited for a machine that simply moves me at the end of the day from A to B. I've built up such an unhealthy (at this point) relationship to this delivery I fear I'll be disappointed once i have the car. Anyone has felt this way prior to delivery recently? I don't even have a VIN yet. haha.
I know when the M3 came out a lot of people waited a loooong time for the car. I even remember debating to put a reservation in.

Am I crazy?
No. I've been feeling the same. I think it's a combination of the dopamine release we've attributed towards technology, specifically UI that connects us to the machine efficiently. Not to mention this machine we are discussing happens to be cheap, beautiful, luxurious, overall decent build quality. Clean UI for buzzer beater? Boom.

No. I've been feeling the same. I think it's a combination of the dopamine release we've attributed towards technology, specifically UI that connects us to the machine efficiently...

Couldn't agree more. Though my wife is awfully sick of hearing me talk about it. I have never had this level of anticipation on a large purchase before... Well, except for a suppressor, but that's a different matter... And I'm still waiting more than a year later...

Reactions: Csamika