Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Order Tracking Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A confession.
I've never in my life anticipated, yearned and waited for a machine that simply moves me at the end of the day from A to B. I've built up such an unhealthy (at this point) relationship to this delivery I fear I'll be disappointed once i have the car. Anyone has felt this way prior to delivery recently? I don't even have a VIN yet. haha.
I know when the M3 came out a lot of people waited a loooong time for the car. I even remember debating to put a reservation in.

Am I crazy?

No, not at all. And you're not alone. Frankly, I don't understand it - I just know it exists. I feel the same way.

You like the car - you want it - your wait for it - and of course it's a big build up. Teslas are totally different than anything I have ever seen or driven in my life - and I have owned and driven a LOT of cars.

You will get yours soon and you will really be happy. Very happy.

For those of you planning to finance your vehicle through your own bank, and not through Tesla, do you plan to have the bank wire the funds to Tesla or do you plan to pick up a check from your bank and hand it to the DA when you pick up your vehicle? I went with the latter approach when I picked up my first Model 3 last quarter, but the process was way more transparent back then. I placed my order on 9/21, received the VIN and MVPA on my account and a text message to schedule delivery date on 9/23, received my bank’s check for the loan amount in the mail on 9/28, and picked up the vehicle on 9/30.

For those of you planning to finance your vehicle through your own bank, and not through Tesla, do you plan to have the bank wire the funds to Tesla or do you plan to pick up a check from your bank and hand it to the DA when you pick up your vehicle? I went with the latter approach when I picked up my first Model 3 last quarter, but the process was way more transparent back then. I placed my order on 9/21, received the VIN and MVPA on my account and a text message to schedule delivery date on 9/23, received my bank’s check for the loan amount in the mail on 9/28, and picked up the vehicle on 9/30.
I'm planning on bringing a bank check day of.

A confession.
I've never in my life anticipated, yearned and waited for a machine that simply moves me at the end of the day from A to B. I've built up such an unhealthy (at this point) relationship to this delivery I fear I'll be disappointed once i have the car. Anyone has felt this way prior to delivery recently? I don't even have a VIN yet. haha.
I know when the M3 came out a lot of people waited a loooong time for the car. I even remember debating to put a reservation in.

Am I crazy?
No, you are not. I debated it with myself, sat on the fence and fought with the spouse. In the end, I am waiting for the car.

Reactions: Csamika